Samuel B. Violet
d.2 SEP 1911
Facts and Events
||Samuel B. Violet
||2 SEP 1911
Civil War Service
- 1st Lieutenant, Company A and Company F, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 22 August 1862 (Co F, 117th OVI)
- Promoted from 2nd Lieutenant, Company F, 9 April 1864 (NOTE: Possibly transferred to Company A the same day)
- Discharged 20 June 1865 at Knoxville, Tennessee
- Application 587848; Certificate 437611
- Widow's Pension: Application 972683, Certificate 736484
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- ↑ United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
Help fund new features!