Facts and Events
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Alford Cemetery, Harrisburg, Linn County, Oregon, USA, in Find A Grave.
From the photo of his Certificate of Death from the Oregon State Board of Health:
Samuel Ringler, widowed
place of death: Albany, Linn, Oregon (Albany Gen. Hosp.)
date of death: April 24 1929
wife: Hannah Ringler
date of birth: Oct. 12, 1853
birthplace: Waterloo County, Canada
age: 72 years 6 months 12 days
cause of death: auricullar fibrillation
father: Albert Ringler, born in Holland
mother: no record
A birth year of 1853 does not match his age at death. It should be 1856.
- ↑ Waterloo, 1878, registration #011047, in Ontario, Canada. Ontario, Canada Marriages, 1801-1928. (Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Archives of Ontario).
groom: Samuel Ringler, bachelor, age 22, born in Wilmot, living in Wilmot, farmer, Mennonite, son of Albert and Catharine Ringler
bride: Hannah Bieber, spinster, age 22, born in Woolwich, living in Peel, Mennonite, daughter of Abraham Bieber and Julia Bieber
married: 8th October 1878, Woolwich
- Eby, Ezra E. A biographical history of Waterloo township and other townships of the county ... (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1971), 2:186.
'RINGLER, ALBERT [son of John and Elizabeth (Wildfong) Ringler], was born June 2nd, 1825. He was first married to Catharine Sararas and after her decease to Catharine Hartzberger. He resides on a farm near Petersburg, Ontario. To him was born a family of seven children, namely: Barbara, Elizabeth (dead), Catharine, Samuel, Sophia (dead), Lydia, and Amanda.'
- Ontario, Waterloo South, Wilmot, in Canada. 1871 Census of Canada. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Library and Archives Canada).
Albert Ringler, age 45, farmer
Katharina Ringler, age 41, born in Germany
Barbara Ringler, age 18
Katharina Ringler, age 17
Elisabetha Ringler, age 15
Samuel Ringler, age 14
Magdalena Ringler, age 11
Manda Ringler, age 10
Sophia Ringler, age 8
Jacob Ringler, age 6
Lidia Ringler, age 5
Albert Ringler, age 3
John Ringler, age 2 months (born in Febr)
all except Katharina born in O[ntario]
- Ontario, Waterloo County, Wellesley Twp, in Canada. 1881 Census of Canada. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Library and Archives Canada).
Samuel Ringler, age 25, laborer
Hannah Ringler, age 21
Abraham Ringler, age 1
all born in Ont., all Mennonite
- Maple River Twp, Emmet County, Michigan, in United States. 1900 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T624).
Samuel Ringler, born Sept 1856 (age 43) in Canada (father born in Pennsylvania, mother born in Germany), married 21 years, immigrated to U.S. in 1891, farmer
wife: Hannah Ringler, born Sept 1856 (age 43) in Canada (father born in Germany, mother born in Canada), mother of 10 children (8 living)
son: Abraham B Ringler, born July 1878 (age 21) in Canada, farm laborer
daughter: Julian B Ringler, born Sept 1881 (age 18) in Canada
son: Albert B Ringler, born Dec 1883 (age 16) in Canada, farm laborer
son: John B Ringler, born Dec 1886 (age 13) in Canada, farm laborer
daughter: Katie B Ringler, born Mar 1889 (age 11) in Canada
son: Urias B Ringler, born July 1891 (age 8) in Michigan
son: Samuel B Ringler, born July 1893 (age 6) in Michigan
son: Jacob B Ringler, born Dec 1897 (age 2) in Michigan
- Alberta, Medicine Hat, in Canada. 1911 Census of Canada. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Library and Archives Canada).
Samuel Ringler, born Sept 1857 (age 54) in O[ntario], farmer
wife: Hannah Ringler, born Sept 1857 (age 54) in O[ntario]
son: John Ringler, born Dec 1887 (age 24) in O[ntario], farmer
daughter: Katie Ringler,born March 1889 (age 22) in O[ntario]
son: Urias Ringler, born July 1892 (age 19) in U. S. A., farmer
son: Samuel Ringler, born July 1894 (age 17) in U. S. A., laborer
son: Jacob Ringler, born Dec 1898 (age 13) in U. S. A., laborer
Help fund new features!