Facts and Events
Samuel Pepper was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of Samuel Pepper in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley's Augusta County Records:
- Page 495.--17th March, 1767. Saml. Pepper's bond (with James (his mark) Ledderdale, Jno. Craig) as administrator of James Carty.
- Page 249.--13th May, 1767. Joseph Robinson to Edward Springer, £200, 190 acres by patent to said Joseph, 20th September, 1748, on the waters of Rone Oak, joining land formerly George Robinson's, on Buffalo Creek; corner Coleses land. Teste: Samuel Pepper, Thomas Lloyd.
- Page 125.--15th July, 1767. James Carty's estate appraised, by John Blackmore, Frederick Stern, Edmond O'Neal. Saml. Pepper, administrator.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 24, 1767. - (313) Saml. Pepper appointed Constable.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 15, 1768. - (472) Constables: Joseph Hicks, vice Saml. Pepper; Andrew Calvin, on Little River of New River; James Curry vice John Clark.
- Page 172.--19th November, 1768. James Cartie's estate--Sale bill, Saml. Pepper, Administrator, recorded--To Levy Smith, Saml. Cloyd, Anthony Blather, Ellis Bean, Thos. Grisom, Fred Starn, Jacob Lorton, Anthony Blather, Edmond O'Neal, James Jonston, Isaac Job, Casper Wever, Henry Francis, John Taylor, James Hogg, Henry Skeggs, Saml. Ewing, Jacob Harmon, Roger Tap, Saml. Scott.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1768 (B). - Samuel Pepper vs. George Pearis.--July 5, 1763.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 22, 1769. - (99) Jacob Lorton appointed Constable, vice Samuel Pepper.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1768 (B). - Garnishment vs. John Henderson, in behalf of Andrew Boyd, vs. Samuel Pepper.--Henderson deposes, 10th March, 1767, that in 1766 he purchased, through Robert McGee, of George Pearis, a tract of land on North Fork of Roanoke, alias Goose Creek.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1769 (A). - Pepper vs. Hannon.--We, James Johnson and Valentine Hannan, do promise to pay unto Samuel Pepper, &c., &c., &c., 15th June, 1767. (Signed) James Johnson, Vallaentin Harman. Test, Anthony Bledsoe, James Smith.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 16, 1769. - (322) Appraisers appointed on estate of John Buchanon, viz: On James River, John and Jonathan Smith and George Skillern; at New River, John Blackmore, Samnel Pepper and Joseph How; at Reed Creek, John Montgomery, David Looney and Josiah Ramsey.
- Page 389.--14th October, 1769. Col. John Buchanan's estate appraised by John Blackimore, Jos. How, Saml. Pepper.
- Page 16.--18th April, 1787. James Cartey's estate settled by Samuel Pepper--Sale held 16th June, 1768.
- ↑ James Burke, in North Carolina, United States. North Carolina Probate Records, 1735-1970, Surry County Wills, 1783-1792, Vol. 02 / p. 2.