Facts and Events
Samuel McNabb was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Samuel McNabb's land (Beverley Manor NW, 225 acres acquired from William McPheeters and Mary in 1765, part of Thomas Peery's original 375-acre patent of 1749) as shown on the map meticulously drawn by J.R. Hildebrand, cartographer. This map is copyrighted©, used by permission of John Hildebrand, son of J.R. Hildebrand, April, 2009. (Note: land of William McNabb, Samuel's father is located nearby to the south).
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 159.--21st August, 1765. William McFeeters and Mary ( ) alias Mary Percy, executors of Thomas Peary (Peery), to Samuel McNab (Mary was widow of Thomas but is now married to William), £42, 225 acres on Middle River of Shanandore; corner John Campbell's land. Teste: John Malcom, John Jameson, David Frame.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 29.--6th April, 1768. Samuel McNabb and Isabel) ( ) to Jacob Gabhart, 10 shillings, 225 acres, part of a larger tract surveyed for Thomas Percy, deceased, in Beverley Manor conveyed to him, 28th February, 1749, this part being bounded, viz., joining John Campbell, William McClintick and James Percy. Teste: Mathias Gabert, William Jamison, Andrew Thompson. Delivered: Jacob Gabhert, August Court, 1769.
Records of Samuel McNabb in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 215.--8th February, 1763. Joseph McDonald and Elisabeth to William Preston, £180, 142 acres on Tinker's Creek; line Geo. Robinson's land; line of land of heirs of Edward McDonald; corner land said Preston now dwells on; Capt. Robinson's line. Teste: Samuel McKnab. Delivered: William Preston, December, 1763.
- Page 338.--6th April, 1763. William Moore to Francis Smith, £30, 275 acres patented to William, 15th March, 1744, on branches of James River; corner John Scott, now Samuel McRobert's land. Teste: Samuel McKnab, Samuel Robinson, Martha Robinson. Delivered: James Anderson by your order, 5th March, 1771.
- Page 162.--21st August, 1765. Same (From William McFeeters and Mary ( ) alias Mary Percy, executors of Thomas Peary (Peery)), to John Perey, £12.10, 50 acres on a branch of Mirldle River of Shanandore; corner Samuel McNab.
- Page 295.--15th October, 1765. John Davis, son and heir of Nathaniel Davis, deceased, and Sarah Davis, relict of Nathaniel to Moses Cavet, £36, 115 acres by patent, 30th August, 1763, on Bufflo Creek. Teste: John Maxwell, Audly Paul, George Wilson. Delivered: Samuel McNabb, June, 1779, by order.
- Page 284.--10th October, 1766. John ( ) Mitchell and Sarah ( ), of Orange County, N. C., to George Wilson, of Hamshire County, £80, 234 acres by patent 10th August, 1759, on Stewart's Creek; corner James McCoy. Teste: William and Susanna Preston, Samuel McNabb, Nicholas Smith, Francis Smith, Anne Smith, Francis Smith, Thomas Smith.
- 409.--31st May, 1769. James Callison (Calleson) and Isble (Esable) ( ) to Gasper Taylor, £50, 230 acres on Nut's Mill Creek, corner John Lynn's land; McNabb's corner, Bigham's line. Delivered: Casper Tayler. April, 1773.
- Page 482.--20th June, 1769. Abraham Smith to William Shannon. surrender of mortgage, 18th May, 1767. Teste: William Hogshead, Samuel McNab, Jonathan Lowry, Jr.
- Page 391.--23d April, 1770. William ( ) McNabb and Martha ( ) to son, James McNabb, £10, 150 acres on North Fork of Christian's Creek in Beverley Manor; corner Alexander McFeeters; corner Samuel McNab's part of the tract. Teste: Jas. Ewing, Alexander McFeeters, Samuel McNabb, John ( ) Campbell. Delivered: James McNab, June, 1780.
Information on Samuel McNabb
Samuel McNabb was an ensign in Va Troops May 1 1781, Oath Dec 31 1782
Husband: Samuel McNabb
Born: ABT. 1740 at: Scotland, Pa. or Va. Was an ensign in Va Troops May 1 1781, Oath Dec 31 1782
Married: ABT. 1762 at:
Died: BEF. 30 APR 1789 at: Rockbridge Co Va.
Wife: Isabella Jameson
Born: ABT. 1742 at:
Died: at: maybe in Sangamon Co, Ill
Father:John George Jameson
Mother:Jean Jane Erwin
Name: William McNabb
Born: 1763 at: Penn, Rev War (see notes)(Dar #137096, Linear Book #33)
Married: 22 JAN 1783 at: Rockbridge Co Va
Died: 12 AUG 1835 at: Menard Co, Illinois
Spouses: Esther ? Mary A. Crawford
Name: Jane McNabb
Born: 1765 at:
Married: 12 APR 1785 at: Rockbridge, Va.
Spouses: John McCollum
Name: Sarah McNabb
Born: 1767 at:
Married: 20 OCT 1789 at: Rockbridge Co Va.
Spouses: John Ofriel Martin
Name: Martha McNabb
Born: 1769 at:
Married: 18 JAN 1791 at: Rockbridge Co Va.
Spouses: John Moore
Name: John McNabb
Born: 1771 at: probably Va. see notes