Facts and Events
Samuel Love was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 4.--22d May, 1765. Samuel Love and Dorcas to Joseph Love. £10, 44 acres on Black's Run of Christian's Creek, part of 300 acres conveyed by Thos. Black to Samuel, in Beverley Manor; corner James Henderson; corner Joseph's other land. Teste: John Dailey. Wm. Teas, George Francisco.
- Love, Samuel. Will probated March 4, 1781.
- Names children: Robert, James, Thomas, William, Sarah and Mary
- [A Brief of Wills and Marriages of Montgomery and Fincastle Counties, Virginia, 1733-1831 by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 51].
Records of Samuel Love in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley's Augusta County Records:
- Page 881.--20th May, 1765. John Cloyd and Margret ( ) and Mirian Cloyd and Mary to Joseph Love, £100, 269 acres in Beverley Manor on a branch of Christian's Creek (by virtue of a lease by said Wm. Johnston) called Black's Run; William Henderson's line; Rutledge's line; corner Armstrong's line; corner Samuel Love.
Help fund new features!