Facts and Events
||South Hempstead, Queens Co., New York
||12 Aug 1804
||Hempstead, Queens Co., New Yorkto Rachel Doty
||16 Sep 1852
||Hempstead, Queens Co., New York
||Old Town Burial Ground, Hempstead, Nassau, New York, United States
Please help find Samuel's parents! Samuel has been placed in Category:Jackson Brick Walls. If you are able to add his parents, please edit this page to remove this category and the wall bash image.
- Samuel Jackson b 1782; & Rachel Doty m 1804 in Hempstead, New York
- David Doty Jackson b 1808 Hempstead NY m Keziah Verity
- Andrew L. Jackson b 1856 NY m Elizabeth Smith
- Leroy L. Jackson b 1882 CT m Elizabeth Valkenburg
- Edward Doty Jackson b 1910 CT
- DNA kit #78553 a 21/37 match to Col. John Jackson but with an 11/12 match in the first 12 markers which has indicated relatedness to the Hempstead family in the past. The genetic distance (21/37) of this person would normally discount his relationship to the Hempstead ancestral haplotype but in this case there is a distinct possibility of a genetic phenomenon known as recombination or loss of heterozygosity. See this web site for an example of the problem: http://www.edmund-rice.org/haplotype.htm
Since last tested in June 2010 kit #78553 tested positive for SNP's M223+ and negative for M284-,M379-,P78-,P95-. Which means this upline was assigned to haplogroup I2b1. Not the subgroup of the Hempstead Jacksons.
The following records have been examined to learn who Samuel's parents were:
1. The New York Genealogical and Biographical Society - Religious Records of Queens and Nassau Counties
2. Amagnsett Historical Association
3. St. George's Church
4. Long Island Genealogy http://www.longislandgenealogy.com
5. DAR Records
6. Morman Church..http://www.familysearch.org
7. Jackson Brigade, Inc. http://www.eg.bucknell.edu/~hyde/jackson/John-Jackson.html
8. First Presbyterian Church Cemetery Records firstname.lastname@example.org
9. New York Family History http://www.newyorkfamilyhistory.org
10. Seaman Family in America as Decended from Capt. John Seaman of Hempstead LI. http://www.familytreemaker.com
11. Jamestown Jackson
12. College of Arts and Sciences SC-Institute for Southern Studies
13. Quaker~Roots http://www.Quaker~Roots.com
14. Descendants of Samuel Jackson, Sr. married Mary Catherine Plankinhorn
Family Tree Maker's Genealogy Site: Genealogy Report: Descendents of Samuel Jackson
15. "Proceedings of the Sesqui-Centennial 1875 Gathering of the Descendants of Isaac and Ann Jackson of Harmony Grove, Chester County PA." there was a Samuel b 1782 New Garden Twp., Chester Co. PA.
16. "Immigration of the Irish Quakers into Pennsylvania 1682-1750."
17. Descendants of Samuel Jackson, Died 1822 Allegany Co., MD.
18. "Seventeen Generations Of The Jackson Family Six In England And Ireland, Eleven In America" by
Dr. Hugh Parks Jackson, with Frances Jackson Baldwin and Eleanor M. Jackson
19. Beaver County PA Genealogical Society Wills, Land Deeds, Tax Records, Marriages, Cemeteries
20. Sharpsburg MD. county court house Library, Maryland Room. Wills, Tax Records, Land deeds
21. "Some Settlers of Frederick, Carroll counties, MD and Adams Co, PA and Descendents."
22. Savage New England Register Vol 1&2 http://www.usgennet,org/usa/topic/newengland/savage/bk2/ingles/ja
23. Full text of "Hon.Jonathan Jackson and Hannah (Tracy) http://www.archive.org/stream/honjonathanjacks00putn/ho
25. RootsWeb's WorldConnect Project: SOUTHERN ROOTS including Jackson, White and Crawford families
26. Mon Valley History Jefferson Twp., Fayette County - Part 3 PA
27. Newsletter of the Appalachian Blacksmith Association http://www.appaltree.net/aba/news.htm
28. William Jackson, secretary to President George Washington
29. Re: Margaretha Drollinger (Samuel Jackson b 1749 wife)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Http:/www.bklyn-genealogy-info.com/Cemetery/OldBurial.Hempstead.history.html.
Transcription of gravestone.
His gravestone said he was 70 years old when he died in 1852.
- Doty, Ethan Allen. The Doty-Doten Family in America: Descendants of Edward Doty, an Emigrant by the Mayflower, 1620. (Brooklyn, New York: E.A. Doty, 1897), pg 522.
- Website of Clay Abrams. (http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~abramsc/HTML/Edward_doty.html).
- ↑ United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Hempstead, Queens Co., NY.
- ↑ The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record. (New York, New York: New York Genealogical and Biographical Society), Oct 1923, Vol 54, No 4, pg 335.
Help fund new features!