Facts and Events
||wft est 1757-1762
||to Isabella Kerr
Samuel Hinds was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 836.--29th August, 1750. Wm. Thompson to Saml. Hines(s). Delivered: Wm. Hinds, December, 1754. South River, 139 acres.
Records of Samuel Hinds in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley's Augusta County records:
- Will Book No. VIII., 1792. Page 10.—John Francis' estate in account with John Gardner, executor— Paid legatees Jno. Hogset, Martha Francis, Samuel Hinds, Mary Francis, Wm. Francis, Jane Francis.
- Page 281. - 139 acres patented to William Thompson, 20th August, 1748; 6 acres patented to Samuel Hinds, 14th February, 1761. Delivered: Michael Kern, March Court, 1777.
- Page 449. - Patent to William Thompson, 20th August, 1748. Patented to Samuel Hinds, 14th February, 1761.
- Page 115B. - 16th February, 1762. Samuel ( ) Hinds and Isabella ( ) to Patrick Miller, £25, two tracts on South River Shanandoe: 1st, 139 acres patented to Wm. Thompson, 20th August, 1748, and conveyed to Samuel, 20th August, 1750; 2nd, six acres patented to Samuel, 14th February, 1761, joining Turk's land.
- AUGUST 19, 1767 - (220) Hugh Allen appointed surveyor of highway from James Given's Mill, by his house, to Stone Meeting House, and the following to work the road: Saml. Hinds, Robt. Stevenson, Wm. Kerr, John Stewart, John Campbell, James Allen, John Anderson, Hugh Allen, William McClure, James Allen, Saml. Bell, Andrew Lockhart, John Burnside, Saml. McKee, James Searight, Thos. Storey.
- Page 234 - William Kerr, 70 acres, Middle River. Adjoining Edward Rutledge, Hugh Allen, Samuel Hind. Oct. 13, 1773. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 83].
- Page 234 - Hugh Allen, 400 acres, Middle River. Adjoining Samuel Hinds, Harless. October 15, 1773. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 83].
- Page 426. - 18th March, 1777. John Yancey and Susanna to Michael Kern, 139 acres patented to William Thompson, 20th August, 1748; 6 acres patented to Samuel Hinds, 14th February, 1761.
- ADMINISTRATORS' BONDS. - page 430 - Tithables, 1781; Samuel Hind and son John
Information on Samuel Hinds
22 iii. Samuel Hinds was born ca 1730. He married Isabella Kerr.
Help fund new features!