Facts and Events
Samuel Henderson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 85.--27th October, 1748. George Scott to Samuel Henderson; Sharrendoe River. Teste: Joshua Hickman.
- Page 213.--18th April, 1763. James Givens and Martha to Samuel Henderson, £3, 7-3/4 acres on Middle River Shanandoe, part of 311 acres on which said Givens lives. Delivered: Samuel Henderson, May, 1769.
- Page 178 - Samuel Henderson, 117 acres, Middle River. Adjoining James Givens, William Johnson. June 26, 1770. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 64].
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 27.--16th November. 1762. Samuel Henderson and Jean to Charles Smith, £40, two tracts on Dry River, a branch of North River of Shanandoe. 1st tract of 165 acres conveyed to Samuel by Samuel McMahon, 7th September, 1753. 2d tract, containing 117 acres patented to Samuel, 14th February, 1761; cor. Daniel Smith. Teste: Pat. Lockhart, Jno. Henderson, Alexander McDonnall. Delivered: Charles Smith, February, 1765.
- Page 211.--18th April, 1763. Samuel Henderson and Jean to James Givens, £3, 4-1/2 acres on Middle River Shanandoe adjoining land said Givens lives on. Teste: Thos. Baskin.
- Page 545.--16th August, 1769. Samuel Henderson, farmer, and Jean to John Henderson, £5, 120 acres on Middle River of Shanandoe, containing 120 acres, part of 250 acres patented to Jas. Thompson and conveyed to Samuel, 16th March, 1763. mouth of Littlers' Run. Teste: James Craig, James Alexander,_____ - Femster. Delivered: Jno. Henderson, August, 1773. Recorded, 15th August, 1769.
- Page 258.--20th May, 1782. Samuel Henderson's will--To wife, Jane; to sons, Andrew and Alexander; to daughter, Florence; to son, James, 190 acres purchased from James Thompson; to sons, William and David, plantation purchased of Samuel Givans; to children. Teste: John Craig, Florence Bell, Anne Craig (mark). Proved, 15th October, 1782, by John Craig and Bell. Administration granted James Henderson.
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:(unless otherwise listed0
- Vol. 1 - May 23, 1765. John Seewright and Samuel Henderson ask counter security from Margaret Leeper, Administratrix of husband James Leeper .
- Page 177 - George Crawford, 194 acres, Middle River. Adjoining Samuel Henderson, Alexander Walker. June 26, 1770. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 64].
34. Samuel HENDERSON (William26) was born about 1715 and died about 1782 in Augusta County, Virginia. He married Jane Henderson (HUTCHISON, THOMPSON, LEEPER) who was born about 800 in Augusta County, Virginia.
Children of Samuel and Jane Henderson were:
- i. William HENDERSON (Samuel24,William26) died 1804 in Lincoln County, Kentucky
- ii. David HENDERSON (Samuel24,William26)
- 52 iii. James HENDERSON (Samuel24,William26)
- iv. Alexander HENDERSON (Samuel24,William26) was born about 1733. He married Jane UNKNOWN
- 53 v. John Andrew HENDERSON (Samuel24,William26)
- 54 vi. Samuel HENDERSON (probably this) (Samuel24,William26)
- vii. Rebeccah HENDERSON (Samuel24,William26) was born 1749 in Augusta County, Virginia
- viii. Sarah HENDERSON (Samuel24,William26)
- 35 ix. Florence HENDERSON (Samuel24,William26)
Help fund new features!