Samuel M. Gifford
d.28 July 1890
Facts and Events
Photo of Samuel's tombstone on FindAGrave.com
Civil War Service
- Corporal, Company D, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 13 June 1863
- Appointed Corporal 23 January 1865
- Mustered out 25 July 1865
- Also served in Company G, 70th Indiana Infantry
- No veterans' pension application
- Widow's Pension: Application 467293, no certificate number listed (an indication that the application was not approved)
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 United States Department of Veterans Affairs. Nationwide Gravesite Locator.
- ↑ Find A Grave.