Facts and Events
||WFT Est 1763-1765
||to Isabella Helena Craig
Samuel Frazier was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 286.--19th March, 1760. John Caldwell to Samuel Frazier, £5, current money of Augusta, 440 acres in Beverley Manor; corner to a survey made for Mr. Andrews, a minister, and corner to survey for Wm. Russell; corner Wm. Palmer's; line of Jno. Hutchison in the Poison Field.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 298.--18th May, 1762. Samuel Fraizer to James Fraizer, his brother, £5, 234 acres, part of 472 on Long Meadow of Middle River of Shannandoe in Beverley Manor between said Fraizer and Robert Moody. (Note: this Chalkley's record proves Samuel and James as sons of John Frazier, who had acquired 472 acres in Beverley Manor. Samuel appears to have been the eldest son of John and acquired the land through his father's estate, as listed in the disposition below).
- Page 140.--15th April, 1788. Samuel Frazer and Isabella Helena ( ) to James Frazer, tract on Long Meadow conveyed 22d February, 1749, by Beverley to John Frazer, deceased intestate, and Samuel is eldest son and heir-at-law.
Records of Samuel Frazier in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley's Augusta County Records:
- Page 461.--22nd February, 1749. Same (From William Beverley) to Robert Moody, 473 acres in Beverley Manor, head of Long Meadow. Corner John Frazier. Delivered: Samuel Frazier, 11th November, 1773. Teste: Thomas Stewart and John Brown.
- Page 483.--17th August, 1702 (s/b 1762). Patrick ( ) McCallam to Alex. Gibson, £70, 205 acres in Beverley Manor conveyed by James Coyle to Patrick, 11th October, 1750, on Christian's Creek, cor. William Palmer, Alex. Thompson and Jno. Thompson. Cor. James Coyle. Acknowledged. Delivered: Samuel Frazier by your order, 5th September, 1765.
- Page 276.--24th May, 1809. John Frazier's will--To nephew, Samuel C. Frazer, son to deceased brother, Samuel, adjoining testator's brother, James; to brother James; to nephew, Jno. W. Frazer, and his brother, James. Teste: James Paul, Ezekiel Cooper, Archibald Gay. Proved, 26th June. 1809. Administration granted James Frazer. (Note: this is the will of Samuel Frazier's brother John Frazier, and names Samuel's children Samuel C. Frazier, James Frazier and John W. Frazier. It also is witnessed by James Paul, who married this Samuel Frazier's wife after he died).
- Vol. 1 - 1823-1824-1825 - File No. 926.--Frazier, &c., vs. Paul and wife. John Watkins Frazer, James Frazer, Isabella Frazer, Samuel Craig Frazer and Polly Frazer, children and heirs of Samuel Frazer, complain no one has taken out letters of administration, but their mother, Isabella (who has since married James Paul), has continued in possession. Prayer to have dower assigned and estate settled.