Facts and Events
Sampson Archer was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of Sampson Archer in Augusta County, VA
- Vol. 2 - Muster List of 1742: No. 1 - Captain John Smith's List: John Smith, Captain; John Moffet, Lieutenant; William Anderson, Ensign; Daniel Daniston, Sergeant; Sam Hogshead, John Hogshead, Will Hogshead, Dan. McAnear, Math. Edmeston, John Finley, Walter Trimble, John Francis, Robert Ralston, John Young, Alex. Blair, Alex. Craig, Thomas Gillespy, And. Erwine, Benj. Erwine, John Erwine, Edw. Erwine, John Trimble, James Trimble, Rob. Moffett, James Wright, Rob. King, Jam. Armstrong, John Pattison, Jas. Lesley, Felix Kanady, Thomas Gordon, And. Mitchell, Jas. Robertson, Gabrl. Pickins, Rob. Leeper, Sam. Moore, John Miller, James Miller, Patr. Quine, Mat. Armstrong, John Ramsey, Dan. Daniston, Sam Northward, Rob. Renick, John Archer, Sampn. Archer, Jam.'s Sayers, Thos. McCulough, George Anderson, John Anderson, Rob. Poage, Rob. Patterson, Jas. Craford, Will Baskins.
- Page 414.--20th May, 1752. Improvements on John Hogshead's plantation. £40, by Simpson (s/b Sampson) and John Archer. 21st May, 1752, John Gray's appraisement by Danl. Lyle, William Caruthers, Archd. Alexander.
- Vol. 2 - Pages 196.--John Mathews and Sampson Archer elected Wardens. Glebe buildings reported unsatisfactory--suit to be brought. Robert Breckinridge chosen Vestryman, vice John Mathews, deceased.
- Page 181.--23d February, 1757. John Hogshead's appraisement, by John Archer, Sampson Archer, Thomas Armstrong.
- Page 227.--21st March, 1757. Marks Miller's appraisement, by Sampson Archer, John Cravins, John Hinton.
- Vol. 2 - Page 239.--16th May, 1759; John Love, orphan, bound to Sampson Archer.