Facts and Events
From Mayflower Descendant
The births of only two of their children, Robert and Priscilla, are found on the town records. The other seven, Sarah, Rebecca, Ruth, Mercy, William, Deborah, and Abigail, have been determined by studying probate and land records.
Many inaccurate and conflicting statements have been printed about this family.
From the Bartlett Society
Ruth died between 25 Apr 1724 (when she swore to the inventory of her husband's estate) and 27 Mar 1725 (the date of the division of their real estate).
Her sister, Hannah married Samuel Bartlett, as her first husband.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882) descends from this line.
- ↑ General Society of Mayflower Descendants. Mayflower Families in Progress. (1991), Richard Warren, P. 33-34.
- ↑ Jesus Christ Church of Latter Day Saints. LDS Ancestral File.
- ↑ George E. Bowman, Editor. Mayflower Descendant, Vol. 1, p. 163; 8, p. 232 (marriage); 9, p. 171 (birth), 173 (birth son Robert), 231 (birth daughter Priscilla).
- ↑ Vital Records - Miscellaneous Sources, Vital Records of Duxbury Massachusetts to the Year 1850 (1911), p. 114.
- ↑ BARTLETT: The Bartlett Society.
- ↑ Vital Records - Miscellaneous Sources, Duxbury (m; b. Ruth, 2 ch.).
- ↑ Vital Records of Plymouth, Mass..
Plymouth Co. Probate Records 4:440, 441 (Benjamin Bartlett)
Plymouth Co. Land Records 12:98 (Benjamin Bartlett); 18:225 (div.); 34:31 (Gamaliel Bradford); 41:14 (Israel Bradford, etc.)
- 20. Ruth Pabodie, in Alden Kindred of America Genealogy Database.
"20. Ruth Pabodie (Elizabeth Alden, John) was born on 27 Jun 1658 in Duxbury, Plymouth Co., MA. She died - 27 Mar 1725.
Ruth married Benjamin Bartlett in Dec 1678 in Duxbury, Plymouth Co., MA. Benjamin was born about 1655 in probably Duxbury, Plymouth Co., MA. He died - 10 Apr 1724."
Help fund new features!