Facts and Events
Rudolph Mauck, Jr. was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 276.--Part of 335 acres patented to Rudolph Mauck, 30th August, 1763. (Note: this land was located "on head of Fort Run at foot of North Mountain", as listed below).
- Page 165.--18th November, 1766. Same (From Borden's executors) to Rodolph Maught (Mauck), £80, lot No. 2, 163 acres on North Shannando. forks of said river where the two branches meet. Delivered: John Dunbar, November, 1769.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 491.--17th May, 1766. Rudolph Mauk and Cathrine ( ) to Michael Hauber (Hober), £70, 335 acres on head of Fort Run at foot of North Mountain, patented to Rudolph, 30th August, 1763, oak in Johnson's line. Teste: Joseph Dictum, Andrew Trumbo, John Cain, George ( ) Shoemaker. Delivered: Michael Hober, 16th June, 1772.
Processioning List of 1767/68
- "Processioning" was the process or periodically reviewing and agreeing upon property lines between settlers. Processioning Lists can be useful in determining the area of a settler and the neighboring settlers at a specific time period:
- Vol. 2 - Page 447.--1767-68: John Dunkle and Michael Props procession, viz: For Michael Props, for Frederick Keester, for Nicholas Havener, for Mathew Patton, for Ludwick Wagner, for Nicholas Sivert, for Sebastian Hover for Robert Davis, for Roger Dyer, orphan; for John Dunkle, for Mathias Tice. Processioned by Thos. Beggs and Michael Humble from Brocks Gap to Hampshire Line, viz: For Abraham Bird, present Rudy Mauk and Teter Couts; for Teter Coutts, for Conrad Custard, for Rudy Mauck, for Conrad Lamb for Isaac Beackfield, for John Miller, for Charles Man, for Thomas Witsell, for Conrad Custard, Sr., for Jacob Trumbo, for Thomas Beggs, for James Beggs, for Jacob Bare, for James Marshall, for Andrew Trumbo, for Martin Witsell, for Adam Reader, for Uriah Humble.
Records of Rudolph Mauck, Jr. in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley's Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Page 418.- (undated, appears to be in 1766) - Daniel (mark) Cummins petitions that for 3 years he has been a charge to William Picken, who now asks to be reimbursed. Witnesses present, viz: Jno. Thomas, Ruide Mauk, James Cahoon, James Thomas, Jno. Dunbarr, Jno. Gratton, Michael Hauber, Jno. Miller, Thos. Bryan, George Weese, Martin Humble, Jno. Jackson, Skidmore Monsey, Francis Monsey.
- Page 503.--15th August, 1766. Nicholas ( ) Cain and Catherine ( ), of Albemarle County, to Andrew Trumboe, £32, 100 acres on North River of Shanand and within the gap of the mountain, patented to Nicholas, 20th August, 1747; corner Bernerd McHenry. Teste: Rudy Mauk, John Cain, Joseph Dictum, George ( ) Shoemaker. Delivered: Andrew Trumbo, 8th November, 1774.
- Page 209.--10th April, 1769. Isaac Brackfield's. estate appraised, by Adam Reider, John Thomas, Rudie Mauk.
- Page 30.--14th August, 1769. Michael Hover and Barbara ( ) to Peter Pannenger (Pennenger), all parties of Frederick County, £25, 100 acres, part of 335 acres patented to Rudolph Mauck, 30th August, 1763, and by him conveyed to Michael on North Branch of Shannandore, corner Charles Long. Teste: Daniel Smith, Adam ( ) Hoverstick, Peter Churo. Delivered: Peter Panninger, 12th August, 1771.
- Page 378.--15th August, 1771. Peter Penigar (Pannenger, see Deed Book 16, p. 30) and Magdalene ( ) to Frederick Wolfaart, £29, 100 acres, part of 335 acres patented to Rudolph Mauk, 30th August, 1763, and by him conveyed to Michael Hower (Hover), and by Michael and Barbara to Peter Penigar, 14th August, 1769 (Deed Book 16, p. 30), on North Branch Shanandore, corner Charles Long. Teste: John Thomas. Delivered: Michael Hober, 16th June, 1772.
- Page 333.--3d August, 1772. Michael ( ) Hover and Barbere ( ) to Nicholas Karin (Kearn), 335 acres patented to Rudolph Mack 30th August, 1763, on north side of the North Fork of Shenandore, on head of Fort Run; corner Frederick Woolfort.
- Page 138.--Delivered: Peter Shoemaker, 19th April, 1791, part of 335 acres patented to Rudolph Mack, 30th August, 1763, conveyed by Michael Hober to Nicholas Kairn, 3d August, 1772, but as Michael was not then naturalized, the conveyance was void. corner Frederick Wollfort's part of same tract.