Facts and Events
Roger Kilpatrick was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of Roger Kilpatrick
- 1797 - Roger Kilpatrick Will, written 15 Jun 1797; probated Oct 1797. Wife, Jean Kilpatrick; sons James Kilpatrick, Thomas Kilpatrick; daughters Nancy Kilpatrick, Margaret Martin, Nancy Morris, Lettiss Paul; heirs Hugh Paul and son Roger Paul; Negro Ceasor. Exec: Thomas Kilpatrick, John Hutchison. Wit John Kincaid, Wm Young. [Source: Greenbrier Co [W]VA Wills 1777-1833)] (Note: Hugh Paul had married Roger Kilpatrick's daughter, Ann, who predeceased her father).
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records (unless listed otherwise):
- Vol. 2 - LIST OF DELINQUENTS - 1755--List of Robert Breckinridge, Sheriff: Zachariah Bell, gone to Carolina; Jno. Carpenter, not found; Robt. Caldwell, not found; Sam. Daniel, not found; James Donaldson, not found; Jno. Davis, twice charged; Ro. Diton, not found; Jacob Gillspey, twice charged; Hugh Greer, twice charged; Dan'l Hachet, runaway; James Hutchison, twice charged; James Hrray, not found; Aaron Jackson, not found; Jno. Justice, runaway; Chas. Kirkpatrick, not found; Rodger Kirkpatrick, not found...[others omitted].
- Page 142.--16th March, 1768. David Hogshead and Margaret ( ) to John Hogshead, Jr., £26, 172 acres on Moffet's Branch, part of 285 acres patented to John Hogshead David 16th June, 1744, hiccory at the foot of the Little Mountain. Teste: George Moffett, Roger and Alexander Kilpatrick. Delivered: James Hogshead, 25th July, 1770.
- Page 185 - William McCamey, 280 acres, branch of North River of Shenandoah. Adjoining Roger Kilpatrick. July 6, 1771. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 67].
- Vol. 2 - FEE BOOKS OF AUGUSTA COURT - 1776--Page 5, James Thompson, Greenbrier; Daniel Workman, Greenbrier; Henry Mitchell, Fredericksburg; James Thorp, South River; page 14, John Wilfong, South Branch; page 17, George Smith, Staunton; page 20, Francis Montgomery, Albemarle; page 21, Joshua Perry, Staunton; page 23, Judy Price, Staunton; John Bratton, C. Creek; page 26, John Jameson, Middle River; John Beard, J. Gap; Saml. Bell, Staunton; Wm. Risk, near North Mountain; Wm. Blair, North Creek; Roger Kilpatrick, North River,,,[others omitted].
Records in Greenbrier County
- August 3, 1796 - Roger Kilpatrick, 56 acres on Kilpatrick Run a branch of Hans Creek adjoining land where Kilpatrick now lives.
- August 3, 1796 - Roger Kilpatrick, 206 acres on South side of Indian Creek adjoing 37 acres surveyed for Hugh Paul.
- August 3, 1796 - Roger Kilpatrick, 237 acres on ridge between Hans Creek and Fitzpatrick Run including Dogwood Flat.
- Aug 1805 - Samuel Hunter, 375 acres on waters of Hans Creek adjoing survey made for John Kincaid, John Ellison, heirs of Roger Kilpatrick and Wm. Young.
Help fund new features!