Robert de Beaumont
Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Robert de Beaumont, 1st Earl of Leicester, Count of Meulan (1040/1050-5 June 1118) was a powerful Norman nobleman, one of the Companions of William the Conqueror during the Norman Conquest of England, and was revered as one of the wisest men of his age. Chroniclers spoke highly of his eloquence, his learning, and three kings of England valued his counsel.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Robert de Beaumont, 1st Earl of Leicester, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.
- Complete Peerage vol 7 p. 522-530, vol 4 Ch III (GS #942 D24c).
- Burke's Peerage 1831 p. 43, 44 (GS #942 D22bua).
- Col Fam of L.I., N.Y. & Conn p. 2456, 2457, 2475 (GS #929.273 S383s).
- Americans of Royal Descent p. 34, 75, 83, 178, 199 (GS #Ref 73 D2ba).
- Royal Ancestry of Kevu Tenney p. 51 (GS #929.6 T257k).
- Ancestral Roots of 60 N.E. Colonists p. 65, 69 (GS #974 D2w).
- Plantagenet Ancestry p. 88, 100, 112, 117 (GS #Q940 D2t).
- Proving Your Pedigree p. 206 (GS #929.1 B239p).
- Nichol's Lcstrs vol 1 pt 1 p. 98 (GS #Q942.54 H2nic).
- Baker's Nrthmp vol 1 p. 414, 563 (GS #Q942.55 H2ba).
- Wurts' Magna Charta vol 1 p. 185 (GS #942 D22w).
- Dict of Nat'l Biog vol 4 p. 64-66 (GS # Ref 920.042 D561n).
- Robert de Meulan, 1st Earl of Leicester, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- ↑ Adams, Arthur. English Ancestry of the Elkinton Family of New Jersey. The American Genealogist. (July 1945), p. 14.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 ROBERT de Beaumont-le-Roger, son of ROGER de Vieilles Seigneur de Beaumont-le-Roger & his wife Adeline de Meulan (-5 or 6 Jun 1118, bur Préaux, monastery of Saint-Pierre, in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
Help fund new features!