Facts and Events
||Robert Orphy Writer
||18 Jan 1885
||Fayette co., Illinois, United States
||15 Apr 1910
||Gypsum Creek twp., McPherson co., Kansas, United Stateson a farm that was rented
Robert O. Writer (occ. farmer, on own account) was single.
||12 Sep 1918
||Roxbury, McPherson co., Kansas, United StatesRobert Orphy Writer signed a card for the third registration of the WW I draft. Robert (occ. farmer, self employed) stated his nearest relative was wife Lovina J. Writer, at the same place. The registrar's report describes him as tall, slender build, gray eyes, brown hair, and without physical disability.
||27 Apr 1942
||Naches, Yakima co., Washington, United StatesRobert Orphy Writer signed a card (as “R. O. Writer”) for the fourth registration of the WW II draft. Robert gave the name and address of Irene Writer and stated that he was employed by A. F. Frederick at 20 Hall Ave., in Naches. The registrar's report describes him as 5'10½" height, 150 lbs. weight, gray eyes, gray hair, light complexion, and a knot on point of breast bone.
||10 May 1970
||Naches, Yakima co., Washington, United States
|Soc Sec No
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index: Death Master File, database. (Alexandria, Virginia: National Technical Information Service), [database, Ancestry.com], SSN 537-34-8819, issued Washington, 1954.
Robert Writer, b. 18 Jan. 1885, d. May 1970; ZIP code of last address of record, 98937 (Naches, Washington).
Also available here in the Washington State Digital Archives.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Washington, United States. Washington Death Index, 1940-1996: [database on-line]. ( Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc., 2002), cert. 012411.
Robert O. Writer, d. 10 May 1970, Yakima; residence Yakima.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 United States. World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. (National Archives Microfilm Publication M1509), [roll KS39], FHL #1643591, McPherson Co., [digital image, Ancestry.com], registered 12 Sept. 1918.
Robert Orphy Writer, age 33, was born 18 Jan. 1885.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 U.S. Selective Service System. Washington State Headquarters, comp. 1942 (ARC #563992). World War II Draft Registration Cards (Fourth Registration) for the State of Washington, box 223, serial # U1967, Yakima Co., Local Board #2, [digital image, Ancestry.com], registered n.d.
Robert Orphy Writer, age 57, was born 18 Jan. 1885, at Fayette Co., Ill.
- ↑ ED 54, Gypsum Creek twp., McPherson, Kansas, in United States. 1910 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T623), roll 446 (FHL # 1374459), folio 15, sheet 5B, dwelling 101, family 109, Robert O. Writer household, [digital image, Ancestry.com], enumerated 28/29 April 1910.