Robert Williams, of Craig's Creek
Facts and Events
||Robert Williams, of Craig's Creek
||Robert Williams, of Orange County, North Carolina
Robert Williams was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 158.--17th December, 1753. Patton (Col. James Patton) to Robert Williams, 275 acres patented 3d November, 1750, on Craig's Creek. Teste: Henry Halstone.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 177.--8th July, 1763. Robert Williams, of Orange County, North Carolina, to William Walker, of Bedford County, £33.18.3, 275 acres conveyed to Robert by James Patton, 17th December, 1753, on Craig's Creek. Teste: John Mills, David Looney. Delivered: William Walker, March, 1766.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 268.--18th July, 1750. George Barber's appraisement, by Henry Houlston, Robert Williams, William Terry, Joseph Robinson. (Note: Henry Holston and Joseph Robinson also lived on Craig's Creek).
- Page 152.--17th December, 1753. Same (from Col. James Patton) to Mathew Patton, 266 acres by patent 3d November. 1750, on Craig's Creek. Teste: Robert Williams.
- Page 203.--17th February, 1758. Colonel James Patton's estate; appraised by Thomas Stewart, John Ramsey, Edward Hall. List of bonds, bills, &c., due the estate: Robert Williams, 17th December, 1753. (Note: listed among many others, this record ties to the date that James Patton sold land on Craig's Creek to Robert Williams, listed above. It is actually listed twice with the same date in Chalkley's transcription).
- Page 252.--20th May, 1758. Jacob Patton's estate to Susan Patton, administratrix--To Edward McDonald, Joseph Love, Wm. Plummer, George Tar, Henry Campbell, Jno. Potts, Robt. Williams, Philip Watkins, Reece Watkins, John Walker, Christopher Cunningham, John Patton, Robt. Mountgomery, Robt. Looney, Wm. Lusk, Wm. Graham.