Facts and Events
Robert Snodgrass was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Not to be confused with Robert Snodgrass (abt. 1760-1808) of Botetourt County, Virginia, who married Nancy Elizabeth Adams.
- Robert Snodgrass' Will
- All carpenter and forming tools to be sold.
- Names wife Elizabeth and three children, son Robert, daughter Elizabeth, daughter Agness.
- Names wife's daughter Margaret Ewin, stepson James Ewing.
- Son Robert to get all lands.
- Executors Samuel Moore and Samuel Snodgrass, brother and brother-in-law.
- Made will 29 May 1795.
- (Signed) Robert Snodgrass
- Teste: John Patton
- Proven in Court 1 Sep 1795.
- [Rockbridge County, VA Will Book 1, pg. 498-500]
- Rockbridge Co., Va. Will filed Sept. 1, 1795.
- wife Elizabeth
- bro. Samuel Snodgrass
- s. Robert Snodgrass
- d. Agnes Snodgrass
- d. Elizabeth Snodgrass
- d. Margaret Ervin
- stepson James
Records of Robert Snodgrass
- Thomas Burgess and Catherine Burgess his then wife sold to Robert Snodgrass a tract of 141 acres in Rockbridge, dated 6 May 1783, acknowledged in presence of Joseph Walker, Reuben McClenahan, and James Addair Junr., but not recorded.
- 4 Aug 1801, Thomas and Mary Burgess to secure lands to said Robert Snodgrass at that time deceased deeded the 141 acres to Samuel Moore and Samuel Snodgrass, executors of the last will and testament of said Robert Snodgrass dated 29 May 1795.
- (Metes & Bounds) notes that it is also recorded in the City of Richmond 11 Nov 1781.
- Robert Snodgrass, son of deceased, having arrived at the age of 21, therefore "I Samuel Snodgrass, one of the executors of said Robert Snodgrass, late of the County of Rockbridge, being now myself a resident in the County of Green in the state of Ohio do by these presents convey unto said Robert Snodgrass all right title and interest in and to the tract of land of one hundred and forty one acres in the County of Rockbridge."
- Signed 1 May 1816, Samuel Snodgrass
- Teste: Richard Fulkerson, Robert W. Stephenson, Sameul Stretham
- (Acknowledged Greene County, OH)
- [Source: Rockbridge County, VA Deed Book K, p. 79].
- 5 Mar 1816 - 50 acres, Samuel Moore and Samuel Snodgrass, Executors of Robert Snodgrass late of Rockbridge, now deceased to Robert Snodgrass, son of said deceased. Executors secured grant of 50 acres in Rockbridge (metes and bounds) cor. Thos. Leeky and John Walker, Saml. Snodgrass, Elijah and Charles Walker.
- Signed: Samuel Snodgrass
- Teste: Richard Fulkerson, Robert W. Stephenson, Samuel Streham
- (Acknowledged Green County, OH)
- [Source: Rockbridge County, VA Deed Book K, p. 81].
- ↑ Ancestry.com/Ancestry Family Trees: Public Members Trees.
Help fund new features!