Facts and Events
Robert Reyburn was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 406.--19th May, 1761. Robert McMahon to Robert Rebourn, £30, 380 acres on the Buffalo Draft on south side North River, patented Robert Smith, 16th August, 1756; cor. James Beard's land. (Note: the same Robert McMahon that murdered him just seven years later).
Land Grant Surveys:
- Page 186 - Jean Reabrean, 96 acres, North River of Shenandoah. Adjoining Joseph Lindon, Thomas McMahon, Jacob Campbell, Thomas Rankin. November 6, 1771. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 67]. (Note: since Robert had died, his widow Jean was able to acquire this land).
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 188.--25th November, 1761. Robert (Robin) ( ) Reburn and Jean to Hugh Donachy, £60, 380 acres on the Buffalo Draft on the south side of the North River, cor. James Beard's land. Teste: John Lowrie, Jno. Burk, Robert McMechen. Delivered: Hugh Donaho, December, 1771.
Records of Robert Reyburn in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 448.--10th September, 1761. John Bellfaught's estate sold at vendue--To Catrina Faught; to Henry Lynor; to Andrew Faught; to Peter Funk; to Caspar Faught; to Henry Colar; to Elizabeth Bruester; to James Waite; to Alex. Kile; to Geo. Trout; to Robt. Reyburn; to Jno. Hines, Geo. Martin, Peter Miller. Robt. Stevens, Edward Rutledge, James Cover, David Menerley. Cash paid Christian Clements for 1 year's board of the widow. Balance due the legatees to be equally divided between Andrew Faught, Casper Faught. and the wife.--Christian Clements. Recorded, 21st May, 1766.
- Vol. 1 - Vol. 1 - MAY, 1768 (A). - Mathew Glaspy vs. Robert Raburn.--Mathew is from Granville County, South Carolina. Account and affidavit.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 21, 1768. - Committal of Robert McMahan upon suspicion of murdering Robert Reburn. Recognizance as witnesses and signatures of Jean Reburn, John Reburn, Thomas McMahon, Robert Patterson, James O. Murray, Robert R. Craig.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 26, 1768. - (71) Called Court for examination of Robert McMahon, charged with the murder of Robert Reaburn.--Sent to Williamsburg for trial.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 16, 1774. - (322) George Moffett appointed guardian of Robert Reaburn, orphan of Robert Reaburn, deceased.
Information on Robert Reyburn
- Robert RAYBURN
- 1739 - 1767
- BIRTH: 1730, Virginia
- BIRTH: ABT 1739
- DEATH: 1767, Augusta County, Virginia (s/b 1768)
- Father: James REYBURN
- Mother: Elizabeth COLE
- Family 1 : Jean LOGAN
- MARRIAGE: 1759
- William RAYBURN
- +Ralph RAYBURN
- +Robert RAYBURN , Jr.
- +Henry RAYBURN
- +Henry RAYBURN
- David RAYBURN
- John RAYBURN
Help fund new features!