Robert Pollard, III
d.30 Apr 1819
Facts and Events
||Robert Pollard, III
||30 Apr 1819
- ↑ Will of John Camm, 1766. (Fleet, Beverley (comp.). Virginia Colonial Abstracts (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1988; Baltimore: Clearfield Co., 2000.). King and Queen County. pp. 337-38.).
- Harris, Malcolm Hart. Old New Kent County: some account of the planters, plantations, and places in ... (West Point, Virginia: M.H. Harris, c1977).
- Harris, Malcolm. (Old) New Kent County, Virginia.
- Rumford Academy, in Markerhistory.com.
- Rumford Academy, in Library of Congress.
- Robert Pollard III b.1756 d.4-30-1819 m. Martha Russell, dau. of John Russell. Robert acquired 500 acres of land in King William Co., and two years later acquired another 300 acres. Built his home there, "Mount Zoar" at Zoar (Aylett, Virginia)
. He was Clerk of King William Co. from 1797-1818 when his son, Robert, took over. His son had 11 children and helped establish the "Rumford Academy" at Zoar (Aylett, Virginia)