Facts and Events
Information on Robert Poage
From DAR Lineage Book:
- Volume 16
- page 265
- Mrs. Alice Pratt Latourette.
- DAR ID Number: 155841
- Born in Shellsburg, Iowa.
- Wife of George La Tourette.
- Descendant of James Berry, John Poage, and of Capt. John Hopkins, as follows:
- 1. Morgan S. Pratt (1842-1917) m. 1867 Mary Youel (b. 1845).
- 2. James W. B. Youel (1816-96) m. 1837 Hannah Pogue (1817-1907).
- 3. William Youel (1793-1864) m. Jane Berry (1791-1868); John Hopkins Pogue (1783-1876) m. 1806 Jane Hopkins (1789-1863).
- 4. James Berry m. 1787 Jane Doak (1767-1832); Archibald Hopkins (1760-1848) m. 1785 Elizabeth Pogue (d. 1794); Robert Poage (Pogue) (1752-1814) m. 1781 Mary Hopkins.
- 5. John Poage m. 1751 Mary Blair** (parents of Robert); John Hopkins m. 1759 Jean Gordon (parents of Archibald).
- James Berry (1757-1832) served as private in Capt. Nathan Reid's company, 14th Virginia regiment. He was born in Rockbridge County, Va.
- John Poage (1726-86) was a patriot, surveyor, high sheriff and justice of Augusta County, Va., where he died. He was born in Ireland.
- John Hopkins enlisted as a private in Capt. David Stephenson's company, and commanded a company in the Virginia militia. He was born in Ireland; died, 1791, in Rockingham County, Va.
- - Note: other sources have John Poage marrying Mary Crawford, not Mary Blair.