Facts and Events
Will of Robert Pickens
WILL OF ROBERT PICKENS [from Day's book, p. 82].
- Granville County, St. Bartholomews
- In the name of God, Amen. I Robert Pickins of above named Parish, being weak of body but sound of mind, blist be God for it, do this twentieth day of January on the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and 83, make and publish this my last will and testament in the manner following, that is to say:
- First of all I give and bequeath to my son Robert Pickins whome I constuted and make and ordain one of my Executors of this my Last Will and Testament, all and Singred, my Lands and teams and all plantation utenchals whatsoever all cattle and hobs, only what is mentioned underneath.
- Secondly - I make and constute Miriam Pickins my other Executor one mare colt and two young cows with calf and two sows and when she leaves the planation.
- Thirdly - I give and bequeath to my Grandson and grandaughter John and Martha Pickins one gray mare colt.
- Fourthly - I give and bequeath unto my two grandchildren, Margaret and Elisabeth Pickins one black year old colt.
- Fiftly - I give and bequeath unto Eliner Prater one sliver dolar.
- Sixtly - I give and bequeath unto my daughter Jain Norwood one cow that I lent him and her increase.
- Seventhly - I give and bequeath to my son Andrew Pickins one cow and calf if ever he comes here for them.
- I do hereby utterly Disalow revoke and Disanul all and every other testament wills Legendes Bequests and Executors be me in any ways before named willed and Bequethed and Ratifying and confirming this and no other to be my Last will and testament. Whereof I have hereunto set my hand and Seal the Day and Year above written.
- (signed) Robert [His X Mark] Pickins Signed, Sealed published and Declaired by the said Robert Pickins as his Last Will and Testament in the presence of each us who in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names.
- Jane Seawright, Samuel Reed, Margaret [Her X Mark] Sharp.
- J. B. Earle, C. C.
- Recorded in Will Book C, page 15
- Proved June 1, 1793, Rec'd Sept. 14, 1793, Hugh Wardlaw, J.P."
Help fund new features!