19. ROBERT LYLE, ex 14, m in Ireland, ANN JANE LOCKE, a dau' of Thomas Locke who dl753, aged 73, and his wife, Sarah Baxter; and a granddaughter of David Baxter, m Sarah Alexander, all of Ballyvallagh, and buried in Raloo. Robert Lyle was a linen lapper at Larne bleachreen, one who takes charge of the linen and sees it Lyles of Browndodd 11 packed up. He lived on a farm his wife owned in Toreagh. For a time he lived at a place called "Pullendoes," owned by his wife's father and situated about a mile from the home of the Blairs in Ballyvallagh. Fannie Locke, a sister of Ann Jane Locke, lived with them. The Locke's have a Scotch ancestry. The name is an abbreviation of Lockhart.
When in Ireland, the Rev. John Wesley was entertained by Robert Lyle and preached to the people in one of his fields. The children of Robert Lyle were:
David, see 20;
Samuel, see 21;
Sarah, see 22;
Mary, see 47;
Daniel, who d, y, and is buried beside his parents in Raloo, and Martha, ml737, John Armstrong, Farmer, Raloo.
20. DAVID LYLE, ex 19. m in Ireland, December 27, 1735, MARY BLAIR, a sister of Esther Blair, see 17, and daughter of Samuel Blair. It is related David Lyle went from Ireland to South Carolina. See Notes for what is thought to be his posterity.
21. SAMUEL LYLE, ex 19. Went from Ireland to the Colony of Virginia between 1745 and 1750, whe/e he m SARAH McCLUNG. For issue, see Samuel Lyle chapter in this book.
22. SARAH LYLE, ex 19, m in Ireland, SAMUEL DONALD. An only daughter m Legg, of Randalstown, and has descendants.
47. MARY LYLE, ex 19, m WILLIAM CRAIG. Has descendants in Ireland.