Facts and Events
Robert Knox was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 82.--16th August, 1765. James Knox and Jane to Robert Knox. £20, 100 acres on Cowpasture; corner to land in possession of said James Teste: Wm. Black, Francis Jackson, Wm. Jackson. Delivered: Robert Knox, August, 1765.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 516.--20th August, 1766.-- Robert Knox to Thomas Nickle, £31, 100 acres on Cowpasture River; corner land in possession of James Knox, part of his patent land. this tract formerly conveyed by James Knox to Robert Knox, 16th August, 1765. Delivered: Thomas Nickle, February, 1767.
Records of Robert Knox in Augusta County, VA
- Page 670.--23d January, 1764. James Carlile and Rachel ( ) to Thomas Hugart, £130, 350 acres, part of a tract deeded by Col. James Patton and John Lewis, 2d April, 1758, iin the Calfpasture; corner Jacob Clemonses orphants; corner Rev. John Kinkade. Teste: Benj. Estill, Robert Knox, Wm. Kinkead, John Carlile, Samuel Campbell.
- Page 75.--2d March, 1764. Thomas Feemster and Elizabeth to John Mountgomery, £48, 100 acres on Cowpasture, part of Thomas' plantation, up said River and Clover Creek. Teste: Robert Knox, Wm. Jackson, Wm. Black. Delivered: Alex. Black, 17th May, 1790, per order.
- Page 88.--16th August, 1765. William Jackson to Francis Jackson, £90, 170 acres in Cowpasture; corner to land in possession of Wm. Jackson, opposite land in possession of Alex Black. Teste: Robert Knox. Delivered: Francis Jackson, October Court, 1769.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1769 (A). - Mathews vs. Robert Knox.--Robert Knox, shoemaker. Bond, 25th November, 1766.
Help fund new features!