m. 06 OCT 1703
- Robert KirkhamABT 1703 - 1749
Facts and Events
Robert Kirkham was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of Robert Kirkham
- Page 146.--14th December, 1748. Robert Kirkham's will--Wife, Sarah; son, Henry; daughter, Nancy; daughter, Elizabeth; daughter, Margaret; daughter, Sarah. Debt to be paid to Elizabeth Sommers. Executrix, wife Sarah. Teste: Jno. and Ro. Moore, Saml. McCluer, James Trimble. Presented 17th May. 1749, by Sarah, and proved by all witnesses.
- Page 147.--17th May, 1749. Sarah Kirkham's bond as executrix, as above.
- Page 181.--21st August, 1749. Robert Kirkum's appraisement.
Will Transcript of Robert Kirkham:
- Will of Robert Kirkum dated 14 Dec 1748
- In the Name of God Amen the fourteenth Day of December in the year of our Lord God One Thousand Seven Hundred and Fourty Eight I Robert Kirkum of the fork of James River and County of Augusta farmer Being very weake in Body But of perfect mind and memory Thanks be Given to God there fore Calling to mind the mortality of my Bodey And knowing that it is appointed for all men once to Die when it Shall (pli..) you the Call Do make Constitute Ordain and Declare this my Last will and Testimony that is to say principaly and first of all I Give and Recomend my Soul into the hand of God who Gave it hoping through the merits of Jesus Christ to Enjoy Eternal happiness with him and as for my Body I Recomend it to the Earth to be Buried in a Decent Maner at the direction of my Executors not Dobting but at the General Reformation I Shall Receive the Same again by the mighty power of God and as ( ..nching)(Tonching?)( )(Sneh?) ( ) (peretely?) Estate as it has pleased God to Bless me with in this life I Give Bequeath and Dispose of in the following manner and form (That is to say):
- First I will and order all my Just Debts and Funeral Charges to be paid and fully satisfied
- Item I give and Bequeath unto Sarah my Dearely Beloved Wife fourteen head of Cows and Steers together with ( ) (too?) mares and one horse and one horse Coalt and Likewise all my household Goods Execept One Bed.ing of ( ) (Soolhs?)(Cloths?) and one spinning Wheel and She is to have and poses to Same During her life and at her Death what wordely Goods Shall Be in her possession that is to say what Shee Can Claim a Right to and propriety in Both those Goods and Chattles which I now Leave to her and the ( ) (Inor.a.?)of them. I will and order the same to be Sold by publick ( ) (Vandue?) by ( ) by her apppointed and that the money arising by Such a Sale Shall be Divided amongest my Children at (her?) Discration and Shee ( ) (..beasith)
- Item I Give and Bequeath to my wll beloved Son Henery one English Shilling or the value thereof
- Item I Give and Bequeath to my Daughter Nancy one English Shilling or the value thereof
- Item I Give and Bequeath to my Daughter Elizabeth on English Shilling or the value thereof
- Item I Give and Bequeath to my well Beloved Daughter Margaret Three Cows and One Black Mare with a ( ) (Blaze?) face Distinguished and Known from the others of my Horse kind by the name of ole boney and one Spinning Wheel and her Bed Cloaths and one Bedding Cloaths..........
- Item I Give and Bequeath to Elizabeth Summers (Six?)( )( ) ( )of (S..)pennies Eleven Shillings ( )(orther.?)( ) onto Pennsylvania money of James ( ) ( )................
- Item I Give and Bequeath to my Daughter Sarah one English Shilling or the value thereof...
- I Do Consititute make appoint and Ordain my Dearely Beloved Wife Sarah Kirkam my onley and Sole Executrix of this my Last Will and Testament and I Do hereby Utterly Disalow Revock and Disanull all and Every other Will and Wills Testament or Testaments ( )or Executors by me made at any Time Before this Time Named Willed and Bequeathed Ratifing and Confirming this and no other to be my Last Will and Testament In ( ) whereof I have hereunto Set my hand and Seal the Day and year above written.....
- Signed, Sealed published and Declared by the Said Robert Kirkum to be his Last Will and Testament in presence of us the Subscribers, viz (signed) John Moore, Robert Moore, Samuel McClure, James Trimball.
- (Signed) Robert Kirkam (his Mark)
Information on Robert Kirkham
Some information on this family from: (caution, contains some obvious errors)