Facts and Events
Robert Kirkham was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 103.--Ditto (21st March, 1753). Same (From James Patton) to Robert Kirkum. 33 acres by patent dated as above. James River.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 510.--17th November, 1757. Joseph Lapsley, as guardian of Hannah, Jean and Elizabeth Kirkham, to Jonathan Whitley. Robert Kirkham, formerly of Augusta, had bargained to Wm. Cleghorn, and Cleghorn to Jonathan, but Robert died without making deed and Jonathan has brought suit. Conveys 30 acres on James River. Teste: Jno Semple, Jno. Gilmer. Delivered: Samuel Hunter, 1763.
- Page 576.--10th May, 1764. Hannah ( ) Kirkum to John McClure, £35, 100 acres in Forks of James River, part of 200 acres formerly belonging to Robert Armstring, deceased. Delivered: John McClure, June, 1766. (Note: Hannah Armstrong, wife of Robert Kirkham was a daughter of Robert Armstrong).
Estate Records of Robert Kirkham
- Page 78.--21st November, 1754. Hannah Kirkam's bond as administratrix of Robert Kirkam, with sureties John and Joshua Mathews.
- Page 93.--19th March, 1755. Robert Kirkham's appraisement, by Joseph Lapsley, James Simpson, John Paxton.
Records of Robert Kirkham in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley's Augusta County Records:
- Page 10.--12th May, 1746. Robert Kirkum qualifies administrator of Michael Kirkum, with sureties Henry Kirkum, Richard Woods.
- Page 203.--17th February, 1758. Colonel James Patton's estate; appraised by Thomas Stewart, John Ramsey, Edward Hall. List of bonds, bills, &c., due the estate: Robert Kirkham, 18th February, 1753.
Information on Robert Kirkham
- Augusta County, VA: Scotch-Irish in VA - Vol. I, Order Book I, pgs. 12- 12 May 1746, Robert Kirkham qualified as Administrator of Michael Kerkham. Richard Woods, Joseph Lapsley, Henry Kerkham and Peter Wallace--appraisers.
- JUDGMENTS AT RULES - AUGUST, 1756 (B Whitley vs. Kirkham.--Robert Kirkham, living on James River, died, leaving issue 3 daughters, infants, Martha, Jane and Elizabeth, and wife, Hanna Kirkham, guardian
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 21, 1756. - (219) Jonathan Whitley vs. Hanah Kirkham, widow of Robert Kirkham. Martha, Jane and Elizabeth Kirkham, infant daughters of Robert.
- PP 350 - 359 Delivered: Samuel Hunter, 1763 - Hannah, Jean and Elizabeth Kirkham, to Jonathan Whitley. Robert Kirkham, formerly of Augusta, had bargained to Wm. Cleghorn, and Cleghorn to Jonathan, but Robert died without making deed and Jonathan has brought suit. Conveys 30 acres on James River. Teste: Jno Semple, Jno. Gilmer.
Help fund new features!