Facts and Events
Robert Gibson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Robert Gibson's land (Beverley Manor SE, 370 acres) as shown on the map meticulously drawn by J.R. Hildebrand, cartographer. This map is copyrighted©, used by permission of John Hildebrand, son of J.R. Hildebrand, April, 2009.
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 215.—15th May, 1754. Beverley to Robert Gibson, 370 acres in Beverley Manor. Cor. George Caldwell; cor. Wm. Henderson. (Note that Robert Gibson's tract is adjoining the Tinkling Spring Church, indicated on the Hildebrand Map as "T.S., 1747, 110 acres", just to the north).
- Page 350.—21st August, 1754. Beverley to Robert Gibson, 190 acres in Beverley Manor on the Back Draft.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 162.--29th November, 1760. Robert Gibson to William Caldwell, £30, 186 acres on a branch of Christian's Creek; cor. George Caldwell; cor. land belonging to the heir of Robert Gibson, deceased. Teste: Wm. Armstrong, Wm. Palmer, George Caldwell, George Caldwell. Delivered: Philip Dold by written order from David Caldwell, 20th May, 1803.
Will of Robert Gibson
- 22d March, 1760. Robert Gibson's will, yeoman--Wife, Isabella Gibson, executrix; son, Robert Gibson, executor; son, George Gibson, 190 acres between here and Spring Hill; son, James Gibson; son, John Gibson (if he be alive or comes to demand it). Teste: Alexander Thompson, Wm. Johnston, Zechariah Smith. Proved, 20th May, 1760, by the witnesses. Executors qualified (Isabella's mark "E"), with John Gray, Zechariah Smith, Wm. Palmer.
Information on Robert Gibson
Record of Baptisms in Augusta County, VA, from Chalkley's:
Robert Gibson's children baptized in Augusta County, VA:
- Mary 15 March 1743
- Elisabeth 19 March 1745
- William 3 May 1747 (a twin)
- Isabella 3 May 1747 (a twin)
- James 19 March 1749
Help fund new features!