- H. Robert Edmistonest 1750-1755 - bet 1835 - 1840
- W. Alse UnknownEst 1750-1757 -
m. est. 1767-1775
Facts and Events
Robert Edmiston was named as eldest son in his father's will.
Information on Robert Edmiston
- Name: Robert EDMUNDSON
- Sex: M
- ALIA: Edmiston /Edmondston/
- Birth: BET 1750 AND 1760 in Probably Augusta County, Virginia
- Death: BET 1835 AND 1840 in Gibson County, Tennessee
- Burial: Old Bluff Cemetary, Gibson County, Tennessee (Now Plowed Over)
- Census: 1800 Pg 168, Ln 9, Asheville Twn, Buncombe Co., NC
- Census: 1810 Pg 264, Ln 6, Buncombe Co., NC
- Census: 1820 Lawrence County, Tennessee
- Event: Sheriff's List 1830 Nr 353, Gibson County Tennessee
- Event: Tax List 1834 Gibson County, Tennessee
- Event: Tax List 1835 Gibson County, Tennessee
- PROP: 5 FEB 1802 120 Acres, N Fork of Swannanoa River, Buncombe Co., NC
- PROP: 7 FEB 1822 NC Land Grant Nr 16631 590 Acres on the Obion River
- Robert and Alse Edmundson first came to Wilkes County from Amherst County, VA after the death of his father James Edmundson, He is on the Tax Roles of Wilkes County, NC from 1793 to 1799.
- 1800 Federal Census for Buncombe County, NC lists Robert as head-of-household with 1 WM(10-16) 1 WM (45+) 2 WF (10-16) 3 WF (16-26) 1 WF (26-45) 1 WF (45+)
- 1810 Federal Census for Buncombe County, NC lists Robert as head of household with 1 WM (45+) 1 WF (16-26) 1 WF (45+)
- 1820 Federal Census for Lawrence County, TN lists Robert as head-of-household with 1 WM (50-100) 1 WF (50-100)
- Property - 5 Feb 1802. Robert Edmundson purchased the farm of Epaphroditus Gilliam, 120 acres located on the North Fork of the Swannanoa River in Buncombe County, NC (DB 7, Pages 139-141). He sold this land to Charles Stanley on 9 Mar 1819. (DB 14, Buncombe County, NC, Pg 119). Robert and his son John moved first to Lawrence County, TN in 1820 where they were listed on the 1820 Census for that county. The would move on to Gibson County Tennessee in the fall of 1823.
- 1824 Gibson County Formation Court Minutes- Pg 3 - 1 Jan 1824
"The following Justices of the Peace was appointed to take in a list of the taxable property and polls in the Districts (to wit), Isham F. DAVIS in the Center districts, Robert EDMONDSON in the Southern district, William B G KILLINGWORTH in the Southeastern district, and Benjamin WHITE in the Northern District.."
Robert was one of the first 11 Justices of the first Gibson County Court appointed by Govenor William Carroll of Tennessee upon the recomendation of David "Davey" Crockett, then a member of the Tennessee State Legislature from that area. He was also a member of the first Grand Jury conveined in Gibson County. Source: Goodspeed History of Gibson County, TN - 1887.
Gibson County, TN Court Minutes, Book A - Pg 11. Robert Edmundson Stock Mark. Smooth Cross off left ear and bit in right ear.
Father: James EDMUNDSON b: 1725 in Probably Orange County, Virginia
Mother: Sarah HAYES b: 1720 in Probably Orange County, Virginia
Marriage 1 Alse UNKNOWN b: BET 1750 AND 1760 in Probably Virginia
Married: UNKNOWN in Probably Amherst County, Virginia
Married: UNKNOWN in Probably Amherst County Virginia or Wilkes County, North Carolina
John EDMUNDSON b: BET 1765 AND 1784 in Amherst County, Virginia
Sarah EDMUNDSON b: 1765 in Virginia
James EDMUNDSON b: BET 1775 AND 1780 in Amherst County, Virginia
William EDMUNDSON b: BET 1765 AND 1784 in Virginia/North Carolina
Dorothy EDMUNDSON b: 1777 in Virginia
Samuel EDMUNDSON b: BET 1774 AND 1784 in Amherst County, Virginia