Facts and Events
Records of Robert Burton
- Goochland Co., Deed Bk 3, p. 260, Deed 26 Nov 1739 Nowel Burton and Judith his wife of St. James Parish, Goochland Co., planter, to Robert Bernard of Kingston Parish, Gloucester Co., Gent., for 80 lbs, 265 acres on south side of Willis River, bounded by the river, Reedy Branch, Soakarse Run; being part of a grant of 400 acres to said Burton 28 January 1733; with all houses, etc. Wit: Step'n Bedford, James Daniel, Rich'd Burton, Robert Burton. Signed: Nowel Burton, Judith (JB.) Burton. Recorded 19 Feb 1739.
- p. 542, Deed 16 March 1741, John Scruggs of Goochland Co., son of Richard Scruggs of New Kent Co., to Robert Burton, the younger, son of Nowel Burton of Goochland Co., for 20 lbs, 200 acres on west side of Willis River, bounded by Robert Bernard, William Mayo, William Meginnis, Joseph Dabbs. Said land is upper 200 acres of 400 acres conveyed to Scruggs by Wm Mayo by deed 12 January last past; with all houses, etc. Wit: Rich'd Burton, William Hunt Allen, Fra. (X) Hill, Jos. Dabbs. Signed: John (X) Scruggs. Recorded 18 May 1742.
- 6/16/1742: Abraham Michaux acknowledges a deed from himself to Robert Burton Jr. Recorded in Goochland Co, VA Court Order Book 5, page 065.
- 1744: Albemarle Co, VA created from western portion of Goochland Co.
- 3/3/1745: John Scruggs, of Albemarle, sold to Hutchins Burton, of Goochland, for 75 pds, 200 acres on Wills Creek adjoining Thomas Carter, Thomas Bassett and Robert Burton. Wit: Josiah Burton. Recorded in Goochland Co, VA Deed Book V, page ???.
- 28 February 1757: Robert Burton and David McCormick who stand bound in Recognizance made their appearance and being heard and discharged from recognizance & it is ordered that they pay costs of this prosecution. Recorded in Cumberland Co, VA Court Minute Book.
- July 1759: Thomas Yuille, Plaintiff, against HENRY ARNOLD, Defendant, in case. This day came the Plaintiff by his Attorney and thereupon came also a Jury, to wit, John Mays, William Maxey, Robert Burton, John Moseley, Edward Moseley, Andrew Edwards, Francis George Stegar, Edward Bond, John Pruit, Henry Hobson, Isham Pruit, and William Prosser. Recorded in Cumberland Co, VA Court Orders Book 1758-1762, page 097.
Help fund new features!