Facts and Events
ROBERT BLACK was born on 21 Apr 1871 at Govan, Lanarkshire, Scotland. He grew up in a family of five boys and three girls. He was the second oldest overall.
Robert was listed as a witness at eldest brother William's 1894 weddingS1. The wedding reference is the last know reference for Robert so all further that can be said is that he died after 1894.
His father Matthew's father was named Robert. Robert had an older brother also named RobertS2 who died young. It is likely he was also named Robert to ensure that his grandfather had a namesake. His grandfather died before long before Robert was bornS5.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 William Black & Agnes Cunningham Marriage Certificate. (Marriage Certificate), Primary quality.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 LDS International Genealogical Index: Black Hagerty IGI Records. (IGI Record, Family History Library (Salt Lake City, Utah), 2002), Primary quality.
- ↑ 1881 Scotland Population Census: Govan, Lanark, Scotland, Primary quality.
- ↑ 1891 Scotland Population Census: Govan, Partick, Lanarkshire, Scotland, Primary quality.
- Matthew and Margaret Hagerty Black Marriage Record. (Marriage Record), Primary quality.
- ↑ Robert was listed as a witness at his brother William's wedding.
Help fund new features!