Facts and Events
Robert Allen, Jr. was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Not to be confused with another Robert Allen, Jr..
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 335.--18th May, 1761. Thomas Lewis to James and Robert Allen, £80, 560 acres on West Fork of Jackson's River.
- Page 89.--17th October, 1769. William Teas to Robert Allen, Jr., £100, 100 acres more or less; corner of Beverley Manor line. Teste: George Elliott, Thomas Crow, Archibald Armstrong. Delivered: James Allen, October 6, 1790.
Will of Robert Allen, Jr.
From Chalkley's Augusta County, Virginia Court Records:
Page 116. - - 17th October, 1776. Robert Allen, Jr.'s, will, farmer - - To wife, Jean, she is to dispose of his lands to his heirs as she directs. Executrix, wife Jean. Teste: Benj. Stuart, James Steel. Proved, 17th February, by the witnesses. Jane qualifies.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 306.--3d August, 1808. Thomas Turk's will--To wife, Mary; wife's mother, Easther Woolman; grandson, Thos. Turk McCullough, infant; grandson, Thos. Turk Rhea (Reah), infant; daughters, Esther Johnston, Betsey Coger; Rebecca Anderson; son, James Turk; daughters Jane Allen, Betty Glave; son, Thomas. Executors, Andrew Ramsey, Wm. Patrick, Robt. Porterfield. Teste: Paley (her (X) mark) Belew, Wm. Patrick, John and Christian Fauber. Proved, 24th July, 1809. (Note: Jane Allen, daughter of Thomas Turk was Robert Allen, Jr.'s wife).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Allen, Robert - 2329 Constitution Drive, San Jose CA 95124, e-mail: BobBecAlln@@aol.com.
- ↑ Chalkley, - Augusta County, Virginia Court Abstracts.
Help fund new features!