Facts and Events
||Riley C. Meadows
||North Carolina, United Statesprobably Anson County
||Anson, North Carolina, United StatesFayetteville
||Lawrence, Indiana, United States
||May 1821-May 1822
||Lawrence, Indiana, United Stateson road work crew
||12 May 1829
||Montgomery, Indiana, United Statesmentioned in father's probate record
||Montgomery, Indiana, United States
||11 MAR 1830
||Montgomery, Indiana, United Statesto Catherine Coghill
||Montgomery, Indiana, United StatesWayne Township
||Jasper, Indiana, United StatesMilroy Township; from Montgomery County
||6 Feb 1847
||Warren, Indiana, United Statessold property to brother-in-law Leonard Coghill
||Jasper, Indiana, United States
||27 Jan 1854
||Jasper, Indiana, United StatesMilroy
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Indiana, Jasper County; FHL #0442930, in United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH 127, Fam 127, Primary quality.
Meadows, Riley C., age 50, m. farmer, RE = $500, b. NC, unable read/write
, Catherine, 47, f, b. KY, unable read/write
, Thomas S., 23, m, farmer, RE = $110, b. IN
, James S, 21, m, farmer, b. IN
, Wesley, 19, m, farmer, IN
, William, 16, m, farmer, IN
, Robert, 14, m, b. IN
, Louisa, 14, f, b. IN, attended school
, Richard, 10, m, IN
, Sarah, 8, f, IN, attended school
, George, 7, m, IN
, Mary A., 5, f, IN
- ↑ Isham Meadows Probate Record , in Meadows Family Documents, Primary quality.
- ↑ Fayetteville, Anson County, North Carolina, in United States. 1800 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Isham Medders Sr, 1 m<10 [Riley], 1 m 26-44, 1 f<10 [Edda], 1 f 16-25
- ↑ Lawrence County, Indiana, in United States. 1820 U.S. Census Population Schedule.
Isham Medows, 3 males under 10 [Reuben, Jackson, George], 2 males 10-16 [John, Isaiah], 1 male 16-18 [Thomas], 2 males 16-26 [Riley, Thomas], 1 male 45 and up; 1 female under 10 [Polly], 1 female 10-16 [Keziah], 1 female 16-26 [problem – is this Sally entered in wrong category?]
[Children:(William in KY)]
- ↑ McCammon, George William. Lawrence County, Indiana, order book for commissioners. ( [S.l.] : Lawrence County Historical & Genealogical Society (Indiana), [200-?] ), Secondary quality.
pp. 209-10 – 22 May 1821
Ordered that David Ferris & Eli Williams be and are appointed Supervisors of that part of the Fields ferry road that lies South of White River and the- have the following hands to work said road to wit Mathew Williams, Robert Wood, . . . George Marlo Isom Meadows Riley Meadows Lewis Philips [?] Cooper . . .
pp. 279-280 – 1822 May Term Third Day
Ordered by the Board that Thompson Connelly be and is appointed supervisor of the road leading from Field’s ferry to the North line of Section 26, town 4 North, and range 1 West, and that he have the following hands to wit: Robert Wood, . . . George Marlow, Isham Meadows, Riley Meadows, Lewis Phillips, William Donahoo, Zebedee Wood, and Henry Donnahoo.
- ↑ Montgomery County, IN; FHL #0007719, in United States. 1830 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Meadows, R. C., 2 males under 5 [Thomas and James Smith/Meadows], 1 male 20-30 [Riley]; 1 female 15-20 [Catherine]
- ↑ Indiana, Montgomery County, Wayne Township, in United States. 1840 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Meadows, Ryley, 2 males under 5 [Richard and Robert], 2 males 5-10 [William and Wesley], 2 males 10-15 [James and Thomas Smith/Meadows], 1 male 40-50 [Riley], 1 female under 5 [Louisa], 1 female 30-40 [Catherine]
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Counties of Warren, Benton, Jasper and Newton, Indiana: historical and biographical. (Tucson, Arizona: W.C. Cox Co., 1974 (1883)), p. 555, Secondary quality.
Milroy Township, Jasper County
Riley C. and Catharine (Coghill) Meadors; the former was a pioneer of Montgomery County, but came to this county in 1842 and died 27 January 1854.
- ↑ Vols 10-11, 1841-1850; FHL #19772054, in Warren County (Indiana). Recorder. Deed records, 1827-1901. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1994), Vol 10 p. 302, Primary quality.
Indenture 6 Feb 1847
Between Riley C. Meadows and Catherine his wife of Warren County, Indiana
and Leonard H. Coghill of same place
who paid $100
for 10 acres of land off of the W1/2 of the NE1/4 of Sec 22, T22N, R7W
commencing at Samuel C. Murphy’s SW corner since deeded to Isaac Waymire and by him deeded to Eli Mendenhall
thence running S 35 poles thence E 2/3 of the way down said lot, thence S 30 poles thence E to the place of beginning
Signed Riley C x his mark Meadows, Katherine x her mark Meadows
Witness Samuel Ware, David Moffett JP
Recorded 27 March 1849
- ↑ Colleen Wilburn, in Meadows Family email, Secondary quality.