Facts and Events
Richard Trotter was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of Richard Trotter in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Delinquents, Augusta County Levy for 1779: Richard Trotter, gone to army.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1790--_____ 27, Richard Trotter and Nancy Strain, widow; surety, Danl. Early.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1794--October 1, Lawrence Lynch and Richd. Trotter, surety. Lawrence Lynch and Kathorine Keeth, widow, own consent. Teste: James Welsh, Richard Trater.
- Page 253.--5th November, 1796. John Gardiner's will--To John Gardiner, executor, son; to wife, Margaret; to four sons, viz: John Gardiner, James, Thomas, and William. Teste: Jacob van Fossen, Richard Trotter. Proved, 20th December, 1796, by the witnesses. Executor qualified.
- Deed Book 33-524, Mar. 29. 1804: Richard Trotter & Agnes his wife, Robert Strain, Jane Strain & Agnes Strain heirs of James Strain deceased all of Jefferson Co., Tenn. appoint John Strain of Augusta Co. to sell their part of land in Augusta Co. [signed] Richard Trotter, Agnes Trotter, Jane Strain, Agnes Strain.
- Deed Book 34, p. 257, Dec. 18, 1807: Richard Trotter & Agnes, Robert Strain, James Strain, & Agnes Strain all of the state of Tenn. by John Strain their attorney & John Strain & Nancy of Augusta to Isaac Yearout their parts of the estate of James Strain deceased, subject to dower of Agnes Strain their mother, who has since inter married with Richard Trotter, together with Robert Strain, Jane Strain & Agnes Strain children & heirs of James Strain - also another 1/8 part they purchased from their sister Polly Connelly's husband David Connelly. Polly is deceased, Arthur Connelly & James Strain Connelley infant children of Polly Connelly.
- Vol. 2 - PACKAGE MARKED "PROMISCUOUS PAPERS--A." - Memorandum respecting claims on Guyandotte. The claims of the following persons are held by James Erwin and Saml. McCullogh, Nuremberg, Franklin County, Penna., who promises to forward the claims and be made a party to the suit at next July term: Edwd. Waggoner, Richd. Trotter, Jno. Smith, Chas. Smith, Hugh McCoy, Will Johnston, Wm. Bailey, Henry Bailey, John Ramsey, Nathl. Barrett, Jno. Hunter, Wm. Bratton, Thos. Moss, Richd. Morris, John Goldson, Jno. Franklin, Jno. Bishop. April 29, 1805.
Help fund new features!