Lt. Richard Shanklin
Facts and Events
Richard Shanklin was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Information on Richard Shanklin
From Genforum.com post:
Here are Absolem's parents, siblings and their descendents (most recent generation excluded). I haven't gotten around to adding Absolem's line as I am descended from his sister, Catherine, and brother, Robert, and have been focusing there. After the lineage I also provide here Richard's Will. I frequently see the parents (of Absolem and siblings) as William Shanklin & Agnes Davidson, but I think that this was an early research error which has, unfortunately, been relied upon by others:
Descendants of Richard Shanklin
Generation No. 1
- 1. Lieut. Richard2 Shanklin He married Agnes Davidson.
- Children of Richard Shanklin and Agnes Davidson are:
- 2 i. Andrew3 Shanklin, born Abt. 1770.
- 3 ii. Catherine Shanklin, born 1771 in VA?; died June 1812 in Monroe Co, VA.
- 4 iii. John Shanklin, born Abt. 1772. He married Susannah.
- 5 iv. Col. Richard Shanklin, born October 25, 1772; died 1841.
- 6 v. William Shanklin, born 1775; died August 23, 1852 in Centerville, Monroe Co., VA/WV.
- 7 vi. Elizabeth Shanklin, born 1776.
- 8 vii. Robert Shanklin, born July 13, 1777 in Botetourt Co., VA?; died November 13, 1857 in Monroe Co, VA.
- 9 viii. Absolem Shanklin, born Abt. 1790.
- [Source: http://genforum.genealogy.com/shanklin/messages/437.html]