Facts and Events
Richard Doggett was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 379.--19th May, 1761. John Draper and Elisabeth ( ) to Richard Doggett, of Bedford County, £75, 315 acres on Tom's Creek; cor. William Inglese's land, Lingell's line. Delivered by your order, September, 1763.
- Page 382.--19th May, 1761. Same to same (John Draper and Elisabeth ( ) to Richard Doggett, of Bedford County), £75, 220 acres, part of 440 acres conveyed to John Draper and William Inglis by Patton, 8th February. 1754 (230 to be laid off next to the land where said John formerly dwelt), cor. land whereon Wm. Inglis lived, stake in the Barrens; cor. Casper Barrier. Delivered.
Records of Richard Doggett in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley's Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 20, 1762. - (401) Richard Doggett and Rhoda, late Rhoda Evans, vs. Abraham Dunklebery--Abates by death of defendant.
- Vol. 1 - APRIL, 1763. - Dogget vs. Wm. Whiteside.--The following articles due by Anne Thompson, widow, now (1761) your (Whiteside's) wife. Rhode Dogget, late Rhode Evens, swears in Bedford County (wife of Richard Dogget).
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 23, 1764. - (412) David Bryan and executors of Erwin Patterson ask counter security from Rhoda Evans, now Rhoda Doggett, admr. of her decd. husband, Daniel Evans. Rhoda and Richard Doggett, her husband, summoned.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE, 1764 (C). - Richard Daggett and Rhoda, late Rhoda Evans, vs. John Greedy.--Summoned 29th March, 1764. Note dated August 10, 1760.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1766 (A). - Doggett vs. Henry Dooley.--Richard Doggett and Rhoda, his wife, late Rhoda Evans. Defendant is a soldier and lives in Bedford, Glade Creek, Roanoke.
- Vol. 1 - MAY 25, 1767. - (208) Elizabeth Bryan, executrix of David Bryan, demands counter security from Rhoda Doggett, late Rhoda Evans, admx. of late husband, Daniel Evans, and lately married to Richard Doggett.
Help fund new features!