Facts and Events
Reuben George was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 190.--21st April, 1789. Wm. Killpatrick and Jennet to Reuben George, tract on the last branch of Bullpasture called Harper's Run. Teste Joseph Bell, Wm. Bell, Jr., Isabella Burnes.
Records in Pendleton County, VA
- George, Reuben, Richmond, 1818
- Pendleton Co., Va., 1 Mar. 1833, William George [X his mark], administrator of Reuben George, late pensioner (former private) who resided in this county many years, appoints Orrin Williams attorney to collect arrears due from 4 Sep. 1831 to 16 Jan 1832, the day of his death; witness J. B. Campbell.
- Pendleton Co., Va., 7 Mar 1832, William George, with James B. Campbell security, granted certificate for obtaining letters of administration on the estate of Reuben George, deceased.
- Pendleton County, Va., Apr Court 1833, court satisfied that the pensioner died leaving five children: John George, James George, Henry George, Sarah Ingle formerly Sarah George, and William George, all of age, four of whom relinquish their right and interest in arrears to their brother William George, administrator.
- Richmond, 3 Jun 1833, Orrin Williams collected $35.05
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 International Genealogical Index. (LDS Church, 1999-2005).