Facts and Events
Baptism at Tinkling Spring
Rachel Robison is listed in the Tinkling Spring List of Baptisms of Rev. John Craig in Augusta County, Virginia on 18 October 1741. She is listed as a twin of sister Hannah baptized on the same day.
WILL OF RACHEL EDMONDSON - Will book 3, Page 293, Washington County, Virginia
- In God's Great Name Amen. I, Rachel Edmondson, of the County of Washington, and State of Virginia, being weak in body but sound mind and disposing memory, for which I thank God, calling to mind the uncertaintyof human life and being desirous to dispose of all sutch wordly Estate as it has pleased God to bless me with after the payment of my debts and Funeral Expence, I give and bequeth the same in the manner following: that is to say:
- I give to my daughter, Hannah Kerr, one negro girl named Rose. She is to stay with her mother, Polly, one year after my death gut the said Hannah Kerr shall pay to my son David Edmiston in property one year after she received said girl, one third part of the value of said Rose, and said Girl shall be said Hannah Kerrs during her natural life time, and if her husband James Kerr, survives after the death of Hannah, he is to keep said Rose untill his death and after his death I allow said Negro girl, with her issue, to my grandson, Moses Kerr and his heirs forever.
- I give to my son William Edmiston three dollars.
- I give to my son Moses Edmondson two dollars.
- I give to my daughter Nancy Robinson my sadle and one bed.
- I give to my daughter Rachel Robinson one bed tick.
- I leave my body clothes to be equally divided among my daughters Gean, Betsy, Nancy and Rachel.
- I give to my son David's daughter, Rachel, my spinning wheel.
- I give to my son John one other Negro boy named Jacob.
- I likewise give to my son John one negro woman named Poly to be his while he remains unmarried, but if he marries I qllow said Polly to choose her master among the six hereafter named shall if she will take choice, if not Executors hereafter named shall make the right of her to any one of the six they shall think proper, to wit: my son David, my son John, my son-in-law Alexander Robinson, David Robinson, Mitchell robinson, but he that gits said Poly in two years after shall pay to each of the other five one-sixth part of her value in good merchantable property.
- I do not alow said Polly to be taken away from her husband entirely.
- All my other property not before particularly mentioned I give to my son John, and lastly I do hereby constitute and appoint my two sons, David and John Edmiston. Executors of this my last Will & Testament, hereby revolking all other and former Wills or Testaments heretofore made. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this forth day of May in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Twelve.
- [Signed] Rachel Robinson
- Signed, sealed, published and declared as for the Last Will and Testament of the above named Rachel Edmiston in the presence of us:
- David Kerr
- David Robinson
- ↑ Wilson, Howard McKnight. The Tinkling Spring, Headwater of Freedom. (Privatetly published by The Tinkiling Spring and Hermitage Presbyterian Churches, pub. Fishersville, Virginia), pg. 480.
- ↑ Family Tree Maker site - The Karen Lewis Paramore Home Page, Karen Marie Paramore, 6915 Rash Court, Granbury, TX 76049, (817) 326-2135.