Phillip S. Woolwine, Sr.
Facts and Events
||Phillip S. Woolwine, Sr.
||to Elizabeth (add)
||bef. 17 Octobber 1786
||Augusta County, Virginia
Philip Woolwine was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Pennsylvania
- Baptism Records, Egypt Reformed Church, Northampton County, PA:
- Wohlwein, Johannes, son of Philipus and Elizabeth, born 4/24/1767; sp. Johannes Meyer and Catharine Schafer; both single.
- Wollwein, Barbara, Daughter of Felip and Elizabeth, born 2/7/1769; baptized 3/5/1769; sp. Marx Binckle and Barbara Pulmann. (Penn. Archives, 6th Ser. Vol. VI Page 200).
- [Source: Egypt Reformed Church, Lehigh Co. (then Northampton), PA 1734-1834 - pub. 1905].
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - 17th October, 1786--Elizabeth Woolwine, administrator of Philip Woolwine.
- Page 25.--1st September, 1787. Philip Woolvine's estate sold at vendue-- Articles bought by Elizabeth Woolvine, administratrix.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records (unless otherwise listed):
- 1779 - Woolwine, Philip, wife Elizabeth aided during the Revolutionary War in Frederick County. [Source: "Virginians in the Revolution" Historical Register of Virginians In the Revolution, sailors, marines, soldiers 1775-1783, by John H. Gwathmey, page 847].
- August and Sept, 1784 James Hill vs Philip Woolwine, wife and their dau. Elizabeth, and John Moore and wife, A&B, 10 July 1784.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1787--February 1, James McLaughlin and John Moore, surety. James McLaughlin and Elizabeth Woolwine, daughter of Elizabeth Wolvine (consent). Teste: G. Cordell, John Gorden.
- Dec. 16, 1795 - George Woolwine aged 10 years on 23 April next, to be bound to Michael Harmon learn the art and mystery of a hatter.
- April 20, 1796. On the motion of Elizabeth Woolwine, William Woolwine, aged 13 years, 28 May last, to be bound to Michael Harmon, to learn the trade of a hatter. April 20, 1796.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1797--April 27, Philip Wolwine and Jacob Wolwine, surety. Philip Wolwine and Elizabeth Harris, of age. Philip is son of Elizabeth Wollwine (consent). Teste: Jacob Woolwin, Thomas Stevens. (Note: this is undoubtedly Philip, Jr.)
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1800--May 20, John Hively and Jacob Woolwine, surety. John Hively and Susanna Woolwine, daughter of Philip Woolwine, deceased, and Elizabeth Woolwine, who consents. Both of age.