Facts and Events
Peter Vaneman was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 198 - Peter Venomen, 148 acres, South Branch Potomac. Adjoining Valentine Castel. December 4, 1771. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 72].
- Peter Vaneman received a patent (# of acres not listed) "on Dry Run of North Fork of South Branch of Potomac" on 1st March 1773, (as listed in the disposition below):
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 63.--17th August, 1779. Peter Venimon and Elizabeth ( ), of Rockingham, to John Wormsley, patent to Peter 1st March, 1773, on Dry Run of North Fork of South Branch of Potomac. Teste: Thos. Myns, Richard Barret.
Records of Peter Vaneman in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 182.--16th March, 1757. Peter Vaneman's (Venman) bond (with Jacob Sybert, Michael Ahart) as administrator of Mark Miller.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 22, 1760. - (406) Peter Vaneman. Paul Shaver, Philip Harper, and Honecle Huffman, added to tithables.
- Page 64.--18th August, 1761. Mark Miller's estate to Peter Vaneman, administrator--Due to Elizabeth Vaneman, Henry Barringer, Michl. Arehart, Mathias Dice, Henry Puckett, George Mouse, Borket Rider, Geo. Harris, George Caplinger, Looney Higher, Jacob Jobe, Philip Huffman.
- Page 75.--19th August, 1761. Daniel Smith's settlement of estate of Henry Lawrence approved and recorded--Paid Gabriel Pickins, Hugh Hamilton, Windle Siver, Peter Finiman (Vaneman?) Sale bill, viz: To David Nelson, Thos. Feemster, Martin Shoob, Jacob Peters, Jacob Goodman.
- Vol. 1 - APRIL 25, 1763. - (53) Anderson Poulson, administrator of Remembrance Williams, decd., unadministered by Catherine Williams, decd., late administratrix, &c., vs. Peter Vaneman. Dismissed; agreed.
- Page 416.--16th August, 1765. Estate of Elizabeth Moser, deceast, daughter of Geo. Moser, deceast, appraised by Peter Vaneman.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 17, 1767. - (339) Jonas Friend appointed Constable, vice Peter Vaneman.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 19, 1767. - (358) Peter Vaneman qualified Lieutenant of Militia.
- Page 78.--16th August, 1768. Michael Weron (Warren, Waring) and Catherine to Joshua Hudson, £150, 310 acres, parts of 2 tracts--A, of 400 acres, patented to Morgan Bryant, 20th September, 1745, and conveyed to Michael, May, 1751; B, of 365 acres patented to Waron, 10th July, 1767. Teste: Peter Vaneman, Patt. Cunningham. Delivered: Michael Waring, June, 1769.
- Page 315.--19th June, 1770. Dorothy Caplinger's bond (with John Poage, Peter Vaneman) as administratrix of Saml. Caplinger.
- Page 531.--18th August, 1772. Elizabeth Shaver's bond (with Jacob Harper. Peter Vaneman) as administratrix of Paul Shaver.
- Page 211.--1st April, 1773. Valentine Butcher's (on South Branch) estate appraised by Peter Vaneman, Robert Davis, Adam Louck.
- Page 208.--3d May, 1773. George Fults, of the Walnut Bottom, estate appraised by Robert Davis, Peter Vaneman.
- Page 89.--18th May, 1773. Peter Vaneman's bond (with Henry Stone) as guardian to Mary Butcher, orphan of Valentine Butcher.
- Vol. 1 - MAY 17, 1774. - (447) Grand Jury: Peter Vineman.
- Vol. 1 - MAY 18, 1774. - (471) On petition of John Hopkins, Samuel Moral, Peter Vaminon, Michael Wolf, John Gordon and Nicholas Harpole--to view a road from the widow Moses's to Gabriel Cock's.
Help fund new features!