Facts and Events
Peter Sellers was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 421.--18th August, 1761. Henry Seller to Peter Seller, £30, 123 acres, 100 acres whereof patented to Henry, 10th March, 1756; 23 acres part of tract whereon Henry now lives, on Shanando River. Delivered: Jno. Seller, August Court, 177G.
- Land Grant Survey: Page 205 - Peter Sellers, 183 acres, Shenandoah River. Adjoining Christian Teeter, Adam Sellers. March 4, 1773. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 74].
Processioning List of 1767/8
- "Processioning" was the periodic review and agreement of property lines between settler's lands. Processioning Lists are useful in determining the general area of a settler’s lands and their neighbors at specific time periods:
- Page 448.--1767-68: Processioned by Augustine Price and Frederick Armontrout, viz: For Peter Teasler, for Peter Seller, for Michael Shurle, for John Coutts, for Jacob Man, for John Man, for Jacob Herman, for Henry Long for George Mellow, for Anthony Aeiler, for Jacob Nicholas, for John Hetrick, for Henry Seller, for Alveness Roy(g)ers, for Christopher Deter for George Man, for Peter Miller, for George Miller, for George Fridle, for Peter Herman, Jr.; for Augustine Price, Anthony Aeiler present; for Jacob Arcebright, for Adam Heterick, for Adam Pens, for Jacob Miller, for James Fraiser, for Thomas Burke, for Peachey Gilmore for Charles Rush, for Fredk. Armentrout, for David Fraizer, for Jno. Craige.
Records of Peter Sellers in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - Page 274.--15th September, 1758. Henry Baughman's appraisement, by Valentine Pence, Daniel Price, Peter Selers (Silers?).
- Page 2.--18th November, 1760. John Capbritton and Mary to Christian Dedor (signed Caperton), £15, 275 acres between Shanandore and Picked Mountain, patented to John, 2d June, 1760; cor. to survey of Peter Sellars Delivered: Andrew Lewis, 11th July, 1785.
- Page 280.--11th September, 1768. Henry Seller to Adam Seller, £60, 168 acres patented to Henry, 1st June, 1750. on Shanando, Philip Long's land; corner Peter Sellers'; also 205 acres patented to Henry, 30th August, 1763, between Peaked Mountain and Shanando River; corner Stephen Hemsberger. Teste: John Seller, Daniel ( ) Price, Jacob Hammer.
- Land Grant Survey: Page 205 - Adam Sellers, 542 acres, Shenandoah River. Adjoining John Miller, Samuel Thornhill, Mathias Scarce, Henry Sellers, Peter Sellers. [Abt. April/May 1773] [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 74].