Facts and Events
Records in Virginia
- Pages 306-11. 19-21 July 1736. George Home of St. Mark's Parish, Orange county, to James Pollard of same. Lease and release; for £17 current mondy.
- 350 acres in the great fork of Rappahannock... on the road that goes from Germanna to the Mountain Run bridge in a line of a pattent granted to Peter Russell... corner to a line of a pattent granted James Horsnail... to Francis Michael's line... in John Finlasson's line... to Peter Russell's line... part of a pattent granted to Charles Steuart 28 Jan. 1733 and by Steuart transferred to George Home by deeds in Spotsylvania County Court 4 June 1734... being in the tenure or occupation of James Pollard.
- (signed) G. Home.
- Wit: Edwd. Herndon junr., Francis (P) Kirklet.
- 20 July 1736. Acknowledged by George Home.
- Pages 502-06. 27-28 July 1738. John Dowdey of St. Marks Parish, Orange County, to John Morphis of same. Lease and release; for 1,600 pounds of tobacco.
- 200 acres in the great fork of Rappahannok River... in John Dowdys upper line granted to Peter Russell 1728 and conveyed to John Dowdey in Spotsylvania County 4 April 1732. (signed) John (X) Dowdy
- Wit: Jno Allen, John Caarder.
- 24 Aug. 1838. Acknowledged by John Dowdy.
- [Orange County, Virginia Deed Book 2, Dorman, pg. 62].
Help fund new features!