b.20 April 1777
Facts and Events
Peter Reed was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - DECEMBER 20, 1785. - (271) Henry Cease, aged 6 years and 3 months, to be bound to Francis Huff. Peter Reed, aged 7 years 20th April last, to be bound to Jacob Grove.
- Vol. 2 - 1785---Page 1, orphans bound by order: (December), Peter Reed (aged 7 years, 20th April last) to Abram Grove. (Note: from this record, Peter must have been born on 20 April 1777)
- Vol. 1 - Vol. 1 - JUNE 19, 1787. - (334) Following to be bound out: Polly Woland, to Charles Markle; Samuel Blakemore, to Abraham Rust: Peter Reed, to John Moore; William Breasline, 4 years old, to Thomas Mitchell; Henry Hatfield (formerly bound to John Francis, deceased), to Wm. Farris; John Reglan, to Jacob Peck; Sarah Blakemore, to Adam Bickle. (Note: John Moore provided surety for Peter's marriage bond, 12 years later in record below).
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1799--September 5, Peter Reed and John Moore, John Reed, sureties. Peter Reed and Sally Miller, daughter of Wm. Miller, deceased.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Record - 1799, By Rev. William King: September 5th, Peter Reed and Sally Miller.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1800--April 23, Jacob Runkle and Lewis Runkle, surety. Jacob Runkle and Catherine Reed, daughter of Christopher Reed and Barbara Reed. Latter consents. Teste: Peter Reed (Rhead, Read). (Note: Peter witnessed marriage bond for his sister Catherine, who married Jacob Runkle).
Help fund new features!