Facts and Events
Peter Penninger was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 30.--14th August, 1769. Michael Hover and Barbara ( ) to Peter Pannenger (Pennenger), all parties of Frederick County, £25, 100 acres, part of 335 acres patented to Rudolph Mauck, 30th August, 1763, and by him conveyed to Michael on North Branch of Shannandore, corner Charles Long. Teste: Daniel Smith, Adam ( ) Hoverstick, Peter Churo. Delivered: Peter Panninger, 12th August, 1771.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 378.--15th August, 1771. Peter Penigar (Pannenger, see Deed Book 16, p. 30) and Magdalene ( ) to Frederick Wolfaart, £29, 100 acres, part of 335 acres patented to Rudolph Mauk, 30th August, 1763, and by him conveyed to Michael Hower (Hover), and by Michael and Barbara to Peter Penigar, 14th August, 1769 (Deed Book 16, p. 30), on North Branch Shanandore, corner Charles Long. Teste: John Thomas. Delivered: Michael Hober, 16th June, 1772.
- Page 70 4 Sept 1793, Will of Peter Pennigar, Farmer. March Term 1795.
- In the name of God & Man. Know all by these presents that I Peter Pinnegar of Stokes County, in the State of North Carrolina
- Wife Mary. Sons Matthias and William (mentions "where Wm.'s house now st ands")
- Three daughter, Christiana Moanee, Mary Flinchum, Catherine Flinchum.
- Each child begotton on body of Mary Pennigar, my wife. Executor John Halbllert.
- Witnesses: Nathan Halbert. Samuel Clark. Senr. and Samuel Clark, Jr.
- Signed: Peter Penniger.
Records in Virginia
- Page 155 - Joseph Thomas, 170 acres, Branch of North Shenandoah River. Adjoining Charles Lang, one Panninger, June 12, 1769. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 56].
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=waf2004&id=I34501