Facts and Events
- ↑ Bates, Samuel. Records of the town of Braintree, 1640 to 1793. (Randolph, Massachusetts : D.H. Huxford, 1886), 635.
Peter Holbrooke the sonne of Thomas & Joanna his wife born the 7th mo 1st 1655.
[Surrounding entries clearly put the month second, so this is 7th day of month the first. In 1655, the 1st month was March 1654/55.]
- ↑ Davis, Walter Goodwin. The Ancestry of Joseph Neal: 1769-c.1835 of Litchfield, Maine. (Portland, Maine: Portland, Maine : Southworth-Anthoensen Press, 1945, 1945), 133.
Children of Thomas Holbrook and Joanna Kingman: 3) Peter, b. 7 Aug 1655 [sic, ??], d. Mendon 3 May 1712, m. Alice ---.
- ↑ Vinton, John Adams. The Vinton Memorial, Comprising a Genealogy of the Descendants of John Vinton of Lynn, 1648: also, genealogical sketches of several allied families, namely, those bearing the names of Alden, Adams, Allen, Boylston, Faxon, French, Hayden, Holbrook, Mills, Niles, Penniman, Thayer, White, Richardson, Baldwin, Carpenter, Safford, Putnam, and Green : interspersed with notices of many other ancient families, with an appendix containing a history of the Braintree iron works, and other historical matter. (Boston, Mass.: S. K. Whipple and Company, 1858), 334.
Children of Thomas Holbrook and Joanna Kingman: 3) Peter, b. Braintree 5 Aug 1655 [but on p. 337 says 7 Aug 1655], m. (1) Alice ---, m. (2) Elizabeth Pool. Will dated 16 Jan 1711/12, proved 229 May 1712, names wife; eldest son John; other sons Peter, Joseph, Silvanus, Richard, Eliphalet, William and Samuel; daughters Joanna and Mary.
- ↑ Mendon, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States. Vital Records of Mendon, Massachusetts to the Year 1850. (Boston, MA: Wright & Potter, 1920), 474.
Holbrook, Peter, Dea., [died] May 3, 1712.
- ↑ Ullmann, Helen Schatvet. "Richard Godfrey of Taunton, Massachusetts, and his Children and Grandchildren", in The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society), 163:67.
Alice Godfrey m. abt. 1678 Peter Holbrook, s/o Thomas Holbrook and Joan Kingman, b. Braintree 7 Mar 1655[/6], d. Mendon 3 May 1712. He m. (2) [aft 1705 when Alice died] Elizabeth (Shaw) Poole.