Peter Flesher, of South Branch
Facts and Events
Peter Flesher was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 360.--26th September, 1765. Thomas Parsons and Esther ( ) of Hampshire to Peter Flesher, £50, 200 acres on South Branch Potomac. Delivered: Wm. Flesher, 14th May, 1787.
- Page 198 - Peter Flesher, 93 acres, South Branch Potomac. Adjoining Nicholas Harper. (Note: record not dated, but is listed between two records dated 10 April 1772 and 12 April 1772). [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 72].
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 22, 1770. - (117) Barnett Lynch, Michael Arbocoast and Peter Flesher naturalized.
- Page 407.--28th November, 1775. Peter (mark) Hohl's will--To wife, Susannah Margaret, the Pennsylvania mare; to eldest son, Peter; to three eldest daughters; to youngest daughters, infants. Executor, eldest son Peter, land on Jackson River to be sold. Teste: Bernhard Lentz, Leonard Simon, Peter Fleisher. (True translation by John William Leo.) Proved 19th March, 1776, by the witnesses. Executor qualifies.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 18, 1779. - (54a) Nicholas Harper appointed road overseer from Peter Flesher's to Conrad Woolry's Mill.
Help fund new features!