Facts and Events
Will of Paul Whitley
- Whitley, Paul - will probated May 1772. Names wife Jane and children: Michael, Sarah, Moses, Thomas, Anne, Samuel and Paul - all minors. Names a sister, Ann. [Source: “Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records – Botetourt County, Virginia, by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 65].
- Page 13. Paul Whitley. Probated April 14, 1770 [s/b 1772].
- To his wife June the use of his farm during his life, or in her discretion, the use of his farm in North Carolina.
- To his son Michael 60 pounds and personal property.
- To his daughter Sarah her bed and clothes, etc.
- The remainder of his property to be divided equally between his wife, his sister Ann, and his sons Samuel and Paul.
- Source: USGenWeb Archives
- Page 13. WILL OF PAUL WHITLEY
- December 2, 1771
- Wife: Jane
- Sons: Michael, Moses, Thomas, Samuel, Paul
- Daughters: Sarah, Ann
- Exec: Wife Jane, son Michael, John Summers
- Witnesses: John Mitchell, William Mitchell, John Mitchel Jun.
- Recorded: April 14, 1772
- Teste: John May, CBC
- [Source: Botetourt County, Virginia Will Book "A", compiled by Ann Chilton, Mountain Press, pg. 1]
Help fund new features!