Facts and Events
Patrick Lowry was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 239.--20th May, 1752. John Lowry to Patrick Lowry, 200 acres North Fork of James. Teste: David Stewart, John Trimble, Robert McClenachan. (Note: it is thought that the John Lowry in this record is probably the father of Patrick, although no documents exist to prove this relationship. Certainly Patrick would have been of about the right age to have been a son of John Lowry, Sr. and would have been too old to have been a son of John Lowry, Jr. In the processining list of 1760, listed below, Patrick appears to be living next to John Lowry, Jr., which furter strengthens the assumption that they were brothers. More research is necessary to prove this relationship).
Early Land Survey in Augusta County:
- Page 158 - Patrick Lowry, 30 acres, North Branch of the James River. Adjoining his old survey. September 26, 1769. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 57].
Processioning Lists of 1760 & 1767/68
- Page 294.--1760: Processioned by Abraham Brown and Wm. Holdman: For Wm. Paxton, for Samuel Paxton, for Francis Allison (no title), for Wm. Anderson, for John Lowery, for Pat Lowery, for Alex. McClure, for James Trimble, for John Harger (Hanger), for John Poage, for James Edmiston, for Abraham Brown.
- Vol. 2 - Page 443.--Processioned by Wm. Caruthers, David Gray, 1767, 1768: For John Paxton, for Nathl. Evans, for James Robertson, for Wm. Ramsey, for Alex. McClure, for James Harries, for Saml. McCaskrey, for Widow Davidson, for Wm. Caruthers, for Jno. Peoples, for Thomas Paxton, for Patrick Lowrey, for John Dailey, for Thomas Dreydan, for Moses McClure, for Benj. Gray, for David Gray; for Widow Taylor, And. Taylor present; for Widow Huston, Jno. Huston present; for Joseph Reed.
Records of Patrick Lowry in Augusta County, VA
- APRIL 29, 1756. - (108) Claims, propositions and grievances: James Beard, claim for ranging; John McClenachan, claim for going express; Robert Bratton, claim for ranging; George Wilson, claim for ranging and provisions for his Company; Abraham Smith, claim for ranging and provisions for his Company; Israel Christian, claim for ranging and provisions; Joseph Kenaday, claim for ranging; Patrick Lowrey, claim for ranging; George Campbell, claim for ranging; John Dickinson, claim for ranging and provisions for his Company; James Dunlop, claim for ranging and provisions for his Company; Archd. Stuart, claim for ranging; John Campbell, claim for ranging.
- Vol. 1 - 1767--Lists of Supernumeraries: James Henry, Mathew Ralston, Jno. Bowin, Robt. Armstrong, James Akin, David Tate, Edw'd McMullen, Thos. Hicklin, Sam'l Hodge, Pat Lowry, Wm. McMurry, Jas. Lauderdale, Jno. Hodge, Jno. Kinkead, James Simpson, James McCoy, Chas. Lewis, James Robinson, Jno. Henderson, Wm. Hugart, Wm. Feemster, Wm. Blanton, Thos. Willson, Jno. Lowry, Sam Campbell, David Smith, Robt. Kilpatrick, Robert Guinn, Wm. Martin, Wm. Lowry, Thomas King, Geo. Jemison, Sam'l Lawrence, Peter Right, Wm. Black, Jos. McDonald, Benj. Watson, Henry Bowin, Mary Glass, Sam'l McCrackin, Andrew Hamilton.