Facts and Events
Patrick Fitzpatrick was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 21, 1760. - (396) Orphans of Patrick Fitzpatrick to he bound out.
- Vol. 2 - AUGUST 21, 1760. - (396) Orphans of Patrick Fitzpatrick to he bound out.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 20, 1760. - (434) Orphans of Patrick Fitzpatrick to be bound out.
- Vol. 1 - FEBRUARY 17, 1761. - (462) II. Zachariah Smith's mark recorded. Patrick Fitzpatrick's children not to be bound out, as formerly ordered, but to remain with their father-in-law, William Glasgow, he giving security to the Church Wardens.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - DELINQUENTS. 1756--In ye lower end of Augusta County: John Brown, Christian Clemon, Evan Evans, Constable; Rubin Harrison, Constable; Andrew Hislep. John Love, Jacob Lingle, Barnet Mathews, Valentine Mackey. Darby Sullivan, Dan'l Sullivan, Wm. Smith, Jas. Sterns, Anthony Bogart, Thos. Craford, Jno. Davies, Jno. Fowler, Geo. Fulls, Denis Henry, Nicholas Harbolt, Rich'd Neely, Jacob Peeter, John Rechart, Ranl. McDonell, Constable; Andrew Smith, Adam Weese, Jacob and John Yount, James Haris, Wm. Fleming, Jno. Hutchins, Sr.; Jno. Noble, Thos. Meems, Constable; Wm. Burnet, Jno. Barber, Patt Carigan, David Evins, Denis McAniney, Nicholas Nutt, Mark Stalet, deceased; Mich'l Watson, James Hollas, Thos. McClenachan, Jno. Neeley, Jno. Pott, Wm. Acres, Wm. Hughes, Mathias Youkam, Nicholas Clause, David Crochan, Peeter Harmon, Wm. Hopwood, Windle Evert, Mathias Lerth, Mich'l March, Jno. Morrey, Dan'l Ramey, no distress; Patt Sullivan, Jno. Sleter, Fred'k Stoneberry, Robt. Scott, Jno. Blar, David Carlock, Manus Deker, Pat Fitzpatrick, Jno. Fulton, Jno. Havine, Judy Mason, Martin Peeter, James Ramsey, James McGill, John Sheats, Jno. Theobald Magaham, Joseph and Geo. Weese, Chas. Sinclar, James Bogan, Jos. Hall, Jno. Heague, Chas. Wilson, Jas. Barton, not found; Geo. Bartley, Nicholas Carpenter, Thos. Dove, Jr.; Andrew Earnest, Thos Mullen, Mich'l Penny, Jno. Sope, Jas., Walter and Hugh Crockett; Wm., Geo. and Thos. Harbeson; Jas., Jno., Thos., Wm. Montgomery.
- Page 282.--20th March, 1770. John Colley's estate settled, by Christopher Ermentrout--Paid Valentine Butcher, Paul Shover, Jacob Goodman, Ludwick Fridley, Peter Hole, Jacob Grub, Jacob Fred. Couters, Michl. Hornbeck, Anthony Hornbeck, Mary Colly, Elizabeth Colly, Wm. Glassgo, Susannah Powers; paid Elizabeth Glassgow the specific legacies due by the will of her deceased husband. (Note: the "deceased husband" mentioned in this record is likely Patrick Fitzpatrick, and Elizabeth is likely Patrick's wife. Also listed is William Glasgow, Elizabeth's father, as listed above in guardianship records of Patrick's children).