Oluf , Count of Rosenborg
b.10 Mar 1923
d.19 Dec 1990
Facts and Events
||Oluf , Count of Rosenborg
||10 Mar 1923
||19 Dec 1990
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Oluf, Count of Rosenborg (Oluf Christian Carl Axel; March 10, 1923 – December 19, 1990), a former Danish and Icelandic prince, was the younger child and son of HRH Prince Harald of Denmark, by his wife Princess Helena Adelaide of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg.
Oluf is a Danish form of Olaf.
Oluf renounced his rights to the throne in 1948 and took the title Count of Rosenborg when he married firstly in Copenhagen on February 4, 1948 Annie Helene Dorrit Puggard-Müller (Copenhagen, September 8, 1926 - May 14, 2013), with whom he had issue and divorced in 1977. He married secondly in 1982 and divorced in 1983 Lis Wolf-Jürgensen (b. Frederiksberg, June 30, 1935), without issue.
The couple had two children:
- Ulrik Harald Gunnar Oluf, Count of Rosenborg (b. Copenhagen, December 17, 1950), married in Copenhagen on April 4, 1981 to Tove Waigner Larsen (b. Copenhagen, December 14, 1950), and had issue:
- Katharina Dorthea Helene, Countess of Rosenborg (b. Hvidøre, May 1, 1981).
- Philip Oluf Axel Ulrik, Count of Rosenborg (b. Hvidøre, May 8, 1986).
- Charlotte Helene Annie Dorrit, Countess of Rosenborg (b. Ordrup, April 11, 1953), married firstly on November 12, 1977 and divorced in 1978 Jens Philipsen, without issue, and married secondly at Lyngby on April 11, 1981 Torben Gyldenfeldt Wulff (b. Solbjerg, September 15, 1954), and had issue:
- Johan Henrik Oluf Torben Wulff (b. Gentofte, July 17, 1980).
- Beate Inge Dorrit Charlotte Wulff (b. Gentofte, January 17, 1983).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Oluf, Count of Rosenborg, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.