Facts and Events
||Norbey Alford Overton
||27 Feb 1918
||Kansas City, Jackson co., Missouri, United States
||1 Jan 1920
||Kansas City, Jackson co., Missouri, United Statesat 2311 Holly St., in a home that was rented
Norbey, son of Delbert Overton (occ. teamster, hauling; on his own account), was also residing with his father's wife Irene, son Delbert Jr., and widowed mother-in-law “Lena” VanPayme.
||1 Apr 1930
||Kansas City, Jackson co., Missouri, United Statesat 2033 Jefferson, in a home that was owned
“Norvey”, son of Delbert J. Overton (occ. delivery man for ice route), was also residing with his father's wife Irene, sons Delbert and Herbert Lee, and widowed mother-in-law “Lena” Norbey. Norbey (the son) had attended school during the current school year.
||1 Apr 1940
||Chicago, Cook co., Illinois, United Statesat 1244 N. Dearborn St. “(formerly Claridge Hotel)”
Norbey Alford Overton (occ. theatrical dancer) was a guest in a hotel. It was recorded that Norbey was a resident of Kansas City in 1935, and he had completed 2 years in college.
||7 Jun 1952
||Battle Creek, Calhoun co., Michigan, United StatesNorbey A. Overton, son of Delbert J. Overton and Irene VanPeyma, and Bonnie Lee Dole, daughter of Lorel VanScyoc and Minnie Orton, were united in marriage. They were both residing in Battle Creek, Michigan.
to Bonnie Lee VanScyoc
||Norbey retired from his job as a chemical salesman for Economical Laboratories of St. Paul, Minn.
||4 Jun 1993
||Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo co., Michigan, United Statesat a hospital
Norbey was a resident of South Bend, Indiana.
||7 Jun 1993
||Fort Custer National Cemetery, Augusta, Kalamazoo co., Michigan, United Statesin section 3, site 272
|Soc Sec No
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index, [database, Ancestry.com], SSN 487-05-6075, issued Missouri, before 1951.
Norbey A. Overton, b. 27 Feb. 1918, d. 4 June 1993; ZIP code of last address of record, 46637 (South Bend, Indiana).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Michigan Department of Vital and Health Records. Michigan Deaths, 1971-1996. (Online database: Ancestry.com Operations Inc., 1998).
Norbey Alford Overton, b. 27 Feb. 1918, d. 4 June 1993, Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo, Michigan; residing in Indiana.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. National Cemetery Administration. U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006. (Online database: Ancestry.com Operations Inc., 2006).
Norbey A. Overton, 2nd Lt. U.S. Army Air Corps, WWII; birth 27 Feb. 1918; death 4 June 1993; interment 7 June 1993; buried section 3, site 272, in Ft. Custer National Cemetery.
- ↑ ED 46, 3rd Ward Kansas City, Jackson, Missouri, in United States. 1930 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T626), roll 1194 (FHL #2340929), folio 207, sheet 17B, dwelling 197, family 362, Debert [sic] J. Overton household, [digital image, Ancestry.com], enumerated 16 April 1930.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 ED 103-2632, 42nd Ward Chicago city, Cook, Illinois, in United States. 1940 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T627), roll 1005, folio 38090, sheet 83B, line 52, Norbey Alford Overton, [digital image, Ancestry.com], enumerated 15 April 1940.
Highest grade of school completed “C2”.
- ↑ ED 42, 2nd Ward Kansas City, Jackson, Missouri, in United States. 1920 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T625), roll 924, folio 161, sheet 8B, dwelling 160, family 169, Delbert Overton household, [digital image, Ancestry.com], enumerated 16 Jan. 1920.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 “Obits”, in The Kansas City Star. (Kansas City, Missouri), pp C3-C4, 10 June 1993.
NewsBank < http://infoweb.newsbank.com/resources/doc/nb/obit/0FE0BB130D975A3C-0FE0BB130D975A3C?p=OBIT >
Norbey A. Overton, age 75, residing in South Bend, Ind.; born in Kansas City; died 4 June 1993 at hospital in Kalamazoo, Mich. He lived in Plainwell, Mich., and in South Bend the last two years. He was an Army Air Forces veteran of World War II; received a bachelor's degree in speech from Northwestern University; and was a chemical salesman for Economical Laboratories of St. Paul, Minn., before retiring in 1980.
Survived by wife, Bonnie Overton (of the home); son, Ron Dole (South Bend); daughter, Kelli Hildenbrand (Lansing, Mich.); brother, Herbert Overton (Las Cruces, N.M.); sister, Helen Higgins (Olathe); and two grandchildren.
Burial in Fort Custer National Cemetery, Kalamazoo.
Help fund new features!